Sharp CD PC3500 Bookshelf Audio System Mini Systems

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

The CD-PC3500 is a 180 watt Dolby Pro Logic minisystem. This system includes a Dolby Pro Logic decoder, 5 speaker surround system, and a 3 CD changer. Also included for your listening enjoyment is a full logic dual cassette deck and a 40 preset AM/FM tuner.

Submitted by All86That05 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
I recieved this system as a Christmas gift in 2000 or 2001. This system is a wonderful "bang" for the buck. I'm now 16 and have cranked it up all 30 volume notches. I have had minor problems with the tweeters on the mains and have had to switch from the 'Rock' to the 'Pops' equilizer to save the the tweeters from the agony of techno at level 30. My room is 10ft x 10ft so (after correctly placing the 5 speakers) the 180w amp provides enough "oomf" to fill my room quite adequately. However I did add a heafty 120w powered sub to genourously compliment the system's low end. The result was wonderful; until you turned on the 'X-Bass': then it was astounding! Nothing has been straight on my walls, the kitchen walls, and family room walls! I hooked up a DVD player and a flat screen tv. The result was a respectable home theatre.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Aaron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this just thinking it would maybe have a fuller sound to it than most small stereos. And for $100 I couldnt pass up the offer. I am sure glad I bought this system. I hooked it up to my Tv/vcr/dvd and everything sounds great. It has a low rumble during action movies, the dolby digital turns movies into a 3d audio experience. And you can turn it all the way up without worrying about the speakers popping or blowing. There is also an output to a amplified subwoofer if you want some more room shaking sound.

Purchased At:   pawn shop

Submitted by thmswmck1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
At first this seems to be a great mini system. For all the features and the surround sound, it's pretty cheap too. But... beware, this system uses a cheap amp. My amp blew after a year right after the warranty expired. Now its crap but I do use the bookshelf speakers as rear surrounds in my DTS theater. They sound great surprisingly.

Purchased At:   Best Buy