Sharp cd-c555 Mini Systems

2.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Scott a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
Okay, it's not a professional grade home theatre system. Anybody that expects that level of performance from this type of unit is crazy!

Given what it is, it's awesome! Easy to use, great sound quality, no mechanical problems, programmable--what more could I ask for?

Submitted by Daniel a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have no complaints about this system, whatsoever. I'm far from an audio guru, but this system has met my needs for around 5 years now. I just recently bought a new 27" RCA TV with audio-out jacks...I now have deep right audio to go along with my new TV thanks to my SHARP CD-C555 receiver. There was a time when the system had trouble reading CD's... a lens cleaner fixed that though. I have always had great luck with SHARP equipment. I would recommend this or any other similar SHARP receiver to anyone.

Purchased At:   Damark International

Submitted by Chris a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 1998

Bottom Line:
Sharp systems are made out of the cheapest possible materials that money can't buy. The cable connections are permanent and don't allow any expansion. Somew systems boast a subwoofer however but it sucks- a measley 35watts (or less).

Submitted by Jose a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 1998

Bottom Line:
If you are considering getting this, I highly recommend that you don't. All the components are the cheapest and crappiest that I have ever seen in a mini system. Im glad that I got a real system, which isn't a minisystem. It consists of an actual receiver, and so on... don't get this.

FGH 26: