RCA rp9150 Mini Systems

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Marcelo Garcia a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
This was a nice system that my parents got for me. It is a good system for the bedroom and small areas. But, the speakers were kind of dinky with just one driver and the THD was a high 10%. I bought some Polk Audio R-10 speakers amd it improved the sound a little. But for serious sound I use my dad's EXTREMELY HiFi System (KEF Model 103/4 speakers,you get the point..)

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by John H a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a beautiful, elegant, small ultra minisystem that can be timed to begin playing CD's. Unfortunately, after being disappointed at the sound quality of some favorite CD's, a search on the web discovered the distortion rating to be 10% and it sounds it. The speakers are elegant and small, but there's only so much sound range to get out of a speaker with only one cone. I was impressed with all of the features, but unfortunately sound quality is the paramount performance issue of audio equipment, not looks, and this system failed. I eventually packed up the system and replaced it with the Aiwa XR-M55, which although is about the twice the size, has phenomenal sound quality in comparison. This system strongest features are it's size where space is at an absolute premium and great price at about $170. However, if you're reading this you probably care about sound and this system may disappoint.

Submitted by Scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
This system was definetly designed for the "whatever" listener in mind. There isn't much definition in any music, regardless of style. What I will say is that it was only 129 out at the local Best Buy, and for the price I can't complain. It has a host of features like 20 station memory, sleep, alarm-clock features, preset EQ's, and the infamous "X-BASS" (which translates in X-MID's). However, it does wonderfully with a lot of the new age I listen to when I go to sleep and fits the bill for good bedroom music (as in, I need somthing just to make sound (and then some).

60.0 WA BLACK: