Pioneer NS-7 Mini Systems

4.15/5 (26 Reviews)

Submitted by Christian Hilmersen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have just recently bought this product, but with a different name (NS-11-Q). After having demoed various other systems, this was the one where I liked the sound the best - and the design is good too. I tested it in stores against models costing 3-6 times more. Actually it puzzled me, but I found that one reason might be that I usually play music at low volumes. I do not want my ears pushed in by too much bass or volume - I want the sound to be true to life. To me this system gave me that.

Submitted by Tony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I can mirror most of what has been said about this system by the reviewers below. Just wanted to add my 5 cents regarding the purchase experience at uBid. You will be wise not to deal with the company that has dismal after service. Do not expect to get a problem resolved smoothly with this company.

I'm still going around in a circle over a month which should have been taken care of within a first week.

Purchased At:   uBid

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2000

Bottom Line:

I have a realitivly small dorm room and the NS-7 fills my room and the hallway with great quality and high power sound at a moderate volume setting of 15/35.

The system is very minimalist-looking but has several features above and beyond the average stereo in this price range. It has a very easily programable clock-timer system that functions as an alarm, timer, and sleep timer. The remote looks very minimal as well but has many programming functions. But the remote is very easy to use with one button activation for CD, tuner, and Aux.

If you are looking for an awesome looking stereo; the NS-7 is prefect. Sure you could get a better sounding stereo for the price, but nothing looks this good.

If you can get a deal on it, I would strongly suggest buying this system. You can't get a better looking and better sounding system for the price.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
Though I have little basis for comparison; I think this system is amazing. The looks alone would be enough, but the system is quite capable of filling a medium size room with great sound. If you can get a deal on it, I would strongly suggest buying this system. You can't get a better looking or better sounding system for the price.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by chris barnhart a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
absolutely fantastic also from a long term audiophile with serious systems this is an incredible bedroom system wakes you up with a transparent soundstage

BLG CP024: