Philips MZ 7 Mini Systems

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

- 2 x 50 watts RMS Stereo.
- Treble and Bass Rotary Control.
- Flat mode for CD direct music.
- 7-Band Spectrum Analyzer with 4 Display Modes.
- 3-Way Bass Reflex Speaker System with Detachable Grilles.
- 6 1/2"" G-Cone Woofer.
- CD-Rewritable Compatible.

Submitted by Zoran a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2012

Bottom Line:
Can I somehow sell my mini line ?

Submitted by MikeM a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this little system for my mother's small home for Christmas 1999. I bought it at BestBuy and it was the only one they had. To this day I haven't seen another one like it and it took about 3 months to find the unit on the Philips website. They had it listed in their UK website products but not in the US website. They finally added it...anyway that's not the review, I just found it interesting.
***The unit delivers very good sound, the remote is very easy to use (my mother is not so technically inclined). It is easy to set up and set intial settings. Again I say the sound is very good (good solid bass). I have never been a big fan of these shelf units. Since my mother's home is small and she has limited space (also thinking of her technical expertise) this unit fit in perfect. Compared to the other small shelf systems (yamaha, sony, jvc) in this price range, this unit beat them all. It has a very nice look to it too. Most of these little units look a little too flashy and rediculous. This unit has a very elegant look that you don't mind displaying in your home. I only give 4 stars because I will never be convinced that shelf systems can outperform a full-fledged full-sized home theather system.

Purchased At:   Best Buy