Panasonic SC PM25 Micro System Mini Systems

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $279.95

- High quality sound with super woofer speaker system & advanced bi-amp configuration.
- Large, blue backlit LCD display with edge lighting.
- Compact system with 5-CD Changer & slot-in auto-reverse deck.
- TA-KE capacitors for high sound quality.
- Wooden speaker box with MDF rounded baffles.
- Bass/treble control.
- Sound virtualizer (by remote control).
- MASH 1-bit D/A conversion system.
- Digital synthesizer tuner.

Submitted by Brendan Austin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I looked around the shops at about 50 other units, I just needed a remote controlled Tuner at first so thought why not get a micro with the lot. I chose this one because it didnt have a multi CD player which I think are crap, its got a Tape deck which looks like a car tape deck mechanically. It sounded quite good, and the Bi-Wire speakers arent bad :) The unit has 4 speaker outputs for the speakers, Bi-Amp isnt the correct word to use here....(bit of BS there by Panasonic or Technics) I think overall its a classy unit, Id only get a Denon M30 instead of this, which costs alot more so this will do me for now, everything else in the shops looked and sounded like plastic for the same price.
CD section sounds goood for a micro, quite sparkly and smooth, Bass is always ever present (i got Tone controls on +3 for both treble & bass) I have a Marantz CD 63 KIS to compare it to and the Marantz is in another world but this does play music ok :)
Tape section is different, auto reverse is always better whenever choosing a tape deck. It sucks the tape in like an advanced car tape deck does and slides it out really classy :)
Tuner section is ok, can hear some hiss with bad stations but averidge for the price and remote controllable :)
Unit can double up as a clock radio too which is handy.

Overall id say if you wanted sound quality in a small room this works great. Theres others that are louder if you want party volume though.

Purchased At:   Chandlers

Submitted by Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
Stumbled across this brand new design while testing similar products in Audio store. Was intrigued by Bi-amp design. Popped in and listend to numerous CD's, including Jazz (Coltraine/Monk), Hard Rock (Tool), Classical (John Williams movie tracks), and Techno-Pop (New Order). The unit handled all musical types with aplomb, surprising me with its detail and clarity. Volume was more than adequate. I was looking to fill my bedroom with sound, but didn't want to sacrifice quality, and was entertaing the idea of spending far more money on seperates to do so. This was not necessary. At $250 US dollars the unit seemed to me a stunning value. When I hooked it up at home and placed the speakers on inexpensive stands, toeing them in at 45 degrees to my listening postion, I was pleasantly surprised to find a soundstage with accurate imaging. This was an unexpected bonus. I found myself sitting and listening to music far longer than I anticipated. I am no stranger to excellent reproduction. My home theatre is all Paradigm (save sub)-Monitor 9's, CC370, and mini-monitor's. I didn't expect to get fine quality from such a small unit, but I have. Panasonic has built a mini-system with craftmanship worthy of a Swiss watch.

*Please note- contrary to the product description at the top of the page, this system does not have a carousel. It is a single disc player only.

P.S.-I haven't used the tape player and don't really plan to. The remote is good, not great.

Purchased At:   State Street Audio