Panasonic SC-PM22 Mini Systems

Home theater may very well be our favorite form of entertainment. It’s hard to beat the combination of comfortable surroundings and an outstanding audio-visual experience. The SC-PM22 is a micro system with super woofer speaker system. It features TA-KE capacitors for high sound quality, power glide control panel, wooden speaker box with MDF rounded baffles, sound virtualizer, digital synthesizer tuner, feather-touch auto-reverse deck, bass/treble control, and ENERGY STAR®.

Submitted by Dawn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2015

Bottom Line:
I've had this mini-system for about 15 years now and it's still going strong, even though I haven't used it much in recent years after obtaining a Nano and a SoundDock.

At the time that I purchased it two sales assistants tag teamed to try to coerce me into adding a mini-cassette player to the system and buying an extended warranty. As I correctly pointed out it was a Panasonic so the extended warranty wasn't necessary. I was right as it still works and has only needed the batteries replacing in the remote. I also refused to be pushed into adding the mini-cassette unit as I had not long started building a CD collection. As it happened mini-cassettes never took off either.

I love that I have the option of waking to the radio or music. I'm not an audiophile but at the time of purchase was more concerned about style and I think that it still looks good, and the power glide control panel is still making me smile after these years. This was a great buy that I've not regretted.

Submitted by Molasar a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
Check it out. Sound quality and overall finish rivals kilobuck Denon or Onkyo systems. Super buy! The sound quality is awesome. No sismic bass here, but instead rich and deep. The power glide withdrawing panel is a real eye-catcher. Super clean, sophisticated and expensive looks. People guess price at $500-$600. Feather touch hidraulic deck eject is a plus, and the beautiful light blue, classy LCD display is a first. By all means, check it out!

Purchased At:   Liverpool (High class mall)

Submitted by Ross a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
After looking at every sterio system availiable.. playing cds in them.. gettin a feel for power and bass and overall sound quality and pretty much not caring for the extra frills the larger systems had like the light systems and different sound settings such as disco and rock.. things that u can adjust for myself with the bass and treble settings, I picked the SC-PM22 because after hearing larger systems and bein pretty happy with gettin a larger system, I heard these micro systems and was blown away at the style at first but then after listening to them, they produced a unique sound that i found much more pleasant than the larger systems produced. The SC-PM22 was my fav system because of the awesome sound it produced. I never read any reviews beforehand so I wasnt sure what I wanted or what was good.. i just let my ear decide and i was well rewarded. A little bonus is the ability to put the speakers about 6 or 7 feet on each side away from the main unit which give you the ability to spread the sound around the room instead of having the intense sound comin from one concentrated place, it kinda bathes the room in the music which is pretty cool. This set isn't for someone who needs to do a lot of editing and recording plus tons of little features although it does have a nice tape deck to accompany the cd player. However, for anyone who just wants to listen to their cds or radio in the best sounding music on this side of 600+ bucks(not all for over $600 will be this good though lol), this does very nicely.

Submitted by Peter de Vries a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
When i first saw this unit I was amazed at the display as well as the neat sliding panel. After getting over that initial excitement when i put in a CD and started listening i was amazed at the sound quality, def. up with the best mini systems. Is a system of class and quality rather than crappy features and cd players that break and huge systems that take up half a room. Highly recommended for sound quality, general quality, clear blue display, and the fact that it is relatively good value. If you want a high volume "bass-boomer" then perhaps you would be better served getting a 3cd, two disc system.

Purchased At:   Cheapest store

Submitted by brad johnson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
This unit has a very upscale look to it, most people think it costs more than it did. For the price of an average mini-system nowdays, this is an exceptional value. One thing that was a pleasant surprise was the ability to wake to music! I love it, it starts out by building from a zero volumne, and stops where you have set the volumne. This is a very nice sounding unit, the best I've heard yet. The finish quality is very high, none of the plastic look of the majority of systems out there, with some of them having poorly matching cabinet/speaker assemblies. The only drawback that I find is a lack of speaker attatchment to the main unit, as in most mini systems. There is no equalizer on the unit, but then I found with it's quality speakers and separate base and treble, its never missed, and this unit really pleases the senses with it's supperb sound. Can't miss with this one if upscale looks, and awesome sound are the goal.

Purchased At:   Best Buy