Nakamichi SoundSpace 8 Mini Systems

4.04/5 (25 Reviews)

Submitted by puru a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2013

Bottom Line:
Great sound quality. I heard many systems but I am not satisfy but this is what I like in stereo quality. Pure sound mid range is also very good.Nakamichi made is product is great. I have Bose lilifestyl 25 in compared this is much better.

Submitted by Philip Oke a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I must admit I got this equipment for its look rather than the functionality. But I have been very impressed with the acoustic quality of the soundspace8. It is made for my kind of music smooth jazz, slow jam etc. I previously owned a Kenwood stacker system, the Nakamichi has put my old system to shame for sound quality. Now it is a joy to listen to my music collection, I now hear things with my Nakamichi I never thought existed. Amazing!

Purchased At:   Hifibitz

Submitted by Douwe de Jong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Wanted a system that looks great and sounded alike.
After hearing it in the store I was a little disappointed regarding the stereo image and bass toning. But after trying other design sets there is no other set offering this design and sound.

I bought a demo model (cheaper) and after some experiments regardiung placement and subwoofer level I'm very happy with it.

Purchased At:   Vogelzang

Submitted by Kenny Brooks a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
After reading good things about this product I was expecting a good listening experience. Unfortunately, the unit I have purchased does not provide that service. The speakers have a lot of static, I have to turn the volume up to 10 to hear the music over the static. I have tried many things to fix this problem without suceeding. The remote controls have to be pointed straight at the unit and the buttons pressed 5-6 times to get the unit to respond to any of the remote control buttons. I usually have to walk closer than 10 feet for it to register. One of the buttons, the memory button hardly works at all and sticks down into the hole on the controller when it does work. You have to stop the CD player to exchange CDs. The controllers are very confusing to use also. In short, I would never buy another piece of crap from Nakamichi. I am looking to replace this piece of crap, probably with a Yamaha product which is cheaper but a much better listening value and experience.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by XL a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
This system is excellent for anyone who will not put their system to the limit; not in high volume, not with high or low frequencies. Comparing it to floorstanding speakers (which are around 130 bucks), they put the nakamichis to shame. A better product would a Bose or (if you have the money) a Harmon Kardon system

Purchased At:   Sharper Image