JVC VS-DT8 Executive Stereo System Mini Systems

Submitted by mbarronwright a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
Purchased the first VS-DT8 in October 2004. It was the finest, most distinctive and prestigious Compact Component System available on the market in the JVC or comparable brand. Far superior cabinet design, clean simple distinctive appearance when compared with other boring boxey compact book shelf compact compact systems. The futuristic Art Deco design, illuminated panel, optional vertical or horizontal display feature and circular shaped speakers and oblique cone design are unlike anything I have seen before in this price range.
The JVC VS-DT8 suited my Art Deco home interior and complimented all the other stereo and vintage radio equipment. I have no concern about displaying this unit adjacent to a antique VICTOR 1925 cabinet radio or next to a 1946 Westinghouse cabinet radio. The contrast is excellent and complimentary. I liked this system so much I purchased another one and placed it in my home office area. I intend to buy a third unit and keep it in safe storage as these units are very hard to find at the local Audio stores. They are so unique most people are awestruck by its beautiful design and the clarity of sound when first seen and heard. Almost everyone who has seen my units have wanted me to sell them to them. Not a chance. If there will be a very desireable audio system collectible in the distant future the JVC VS-DT8 will be among the top of the first class most desireable systems. Very few in distribution. This is a good thing. I consider this unit one of the best audio investments I have ever made.
Highly recommend!

Purchased At:   Vision Electronics

Submitted by Joao Botelho a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
Here in Europe we have the VS-DT9R, the only diference it's in the speakers that are finished in cherrywood veneer.
Maybe the best micro/mini you can buy for the money, if sound quality is the most important for you.

60.0 WA BLACK: