JVC MX-J900 Mini Systems

• 3 preset and 3 manual equalization settings

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Tim Hall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
    This system has an excellent sound, and it has amazing bass. The system has taken a beating for many years, I have turned the volume up to 25 countless amounts of time, and the sound is still good. The only problem i've had with it is I went overboard and blew a subwoofer. Cost me $80 to replace the whole left speaker box.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by dario a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
    awesome stereo!!!!! BASS lots of it OMG, this is like the cars you see on the street with those big systems, thats how you will feel in your room!!!!!!
    Awesome bass

Submitted by DanCzar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
    I was blown away. I heard this at the normal settngs at Sears and got it as a stereo for my bedroom. I thought it was amazing then. Then I go and hook it all up, and hook the AUX-In in to my computer along with my computer speakers (Altec Lansing ADA855's). It was amazing. The bass is SO clear, it really adds great bass to music, even music that normally doesn't sound like there's any bass in it. A great buy, very happy with it.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Lincoln Ritterhouse a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
    I purchased this system as a mini for use in my computer room. I have listened to many systems and my brother and cousin love getting together to explore the sound charactoristics of a speaker, amp, room, system, etc. I have many years of comparing every system piece or whole.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by notorious jlf a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
    when i bought my jvc i thought it was great better then all my friends systems by far. after about 9 months my subs blew out and ripped apart(lol) so i recently sent them back but the losers said they never recieved my package.. so i customized my system which ended up pumping i would say 3-4x more bass then the 2 stock 8s, i added more money and bought two audiobahn 10 car subs in a box and replaced the 8s with some cheap thumps from ebay(which alone are better then the stock ones). im running all 4 subs now and wow this thing is has soo much bass.. i got the biggest mini system in my school and proud of it!!im pushing total of 720 plus watts out of it easy. this thing is great now and i hope the company doesnt ever recieve my package back either running all this bass at times i cant even hear the words of the music on vol 23-25.

Purchased At:   sears