JVC FS-6000 Mini Systems

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

microsystem

Submitted by ho lam a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have listen and looked at many similar products but finally settle on this great looking and sounding product. The price I got on Ebay is excellent. It is a store display unit. Since I want a little more bass, I added an Aiwa subwoofer and they are a good match. The thing impress me the most are the size and look of this system. Except for the fs7000, nothing look as elegant as this unit. I have used JVC product before and they really last. Overall, you can't go wrong with it for $160.

Submitted by John Craft a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit for use in the bedroom where it doubles as my alarm clock. The micro size is perfect for the bedroom. I think the sound clarity is amazing for such a small unit. It actually sounds better than the FS-8000 which comes with a sub-woofer. The upper and mid ranges were much fuller on the FS-6000. The treble and bass levels can be adjusted to your own tastes from -6db to +6db. The bass on the FS-6000 is adequate and you shouldn't need a sub-woofer. It comes with an optical digital connection and aux connections for a MD player, etc. My only complaints are those that have already been mentioned: 1. noisy drive mechanism is noticeable during soft guitar solos, 2. remote should include a snooze button, 3. alarm will always wake you to track 1 of a CD it does not remember the last track played.

Submitted by Dawson Mobley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
There were only a couple of other mini systems that sounded as good as this one and only one that sounded better at twice the price.The sound quality is amazing when you consider that the speakers are just single driver units,no tweeter.It has descent bass for such small speakers,enclosures and highs were better than most of the systems with a woofer,tweeter combination.The only gripe I have has to do with the alarm function.IT REALLY NEEDS A SNOOZE BUTTON ON THE REMOTE!!!JVC!!!Less important but still annoying is the fact that you can't specify which cd track you wake up to,it will always start on track one.Other than these two things there is nothing I don,t like about this system.

Submitted by Jay Woodson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this model at BestBuy- it was thelast one,so I gotthe display model at $200! That was an incredible deal for the features itpacks. Ilike to use it withmy portable MD recorder b/c it has a digital output and I can play the MD over the system. It has many outputs and inputs toadd many different features. Mine didn't have a subwoofer, but the bass is never lacking. Given the size, the stereo can pump out some nice volume, but still retain wonderful sound quality. Overall, this is an awesome stereo.

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
Overall, it is a very good minisystem. Sounds great, looks great, and even I could figure out how to use it.
Although you can use the radio or CD for the alarm, I would prefer to have an optional regular old buzz alarm. My only gripe is that at $300 I could have bought other systems that had more options (portability, CD changer, etc) although I would have had to sacrifice appearance. If the price would come down I would recommend it in a heart beat.

MS 1400W: