Fisher slim-1500 Mini Systems

1.27/5 (15 Reviews)

3 inch depth mini sytem

Submitted by Ron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2009

Bottom Line:
Great Looks. Poor sound quality and terribble radio reception.
We use it in a location where the power is shut off every night. You would think that they would have used non volitale ram for the station presets, or maybe a seperate battery for same.
Every morning the presets are gone.
The only way to prevent this is to physically unplug the power cord from the unit before power is lost. Too bad it is UP HIGH where we cannot do this.

Never again.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by john a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
cant figure out how to keep the light illuminated in standby mode so that i can actually see the clock in the middle of the night

Purchased At:   staples

Submitted by Tom Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
WAS I NUTS. 60,000 American Express Points for this piece of sheer crap. I have owned many Fisher products and have a wonderful component system with CD player that is a Fisher and expected the same quality. Was I wrong. Confussing set-up. Tiny sound and where is the base? There isn't any. Ironic that it has a subwoofer attachment (that the booklet says is not included but guess what...Fisher doesn't make one for this unit...Gee China...I wonder why). Avery Fisher must be spinning fast enough in his grave to generate enough electricity to power Avery Fisher Hall with his name attached to this poor excuse for a CD/Stereo system.

Purchased At:   american express

Submitted by James Merlo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
My wife won this through a promotion. Sound quality is so bad I brought it to work and bought a new sytem for my home. This "piece of junk" drives comments from visitors to my office on how great it looks and how bad it sounds. Oh by the way, forget the cd player, it overheats after 10 minutues.

Submitted by Brock W a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
my sister just got this as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately my uncle got it for free as a promotion for his work, so I doubt there's any way to return it. I was excited for her when I first saw it, since it's a nice-looking system, but now obviously I'm disappointed. The CD player stopped working within an hour of plugging in the system. It'll play a CD for a minute or so, then freeze up and say "no disc". At one point it won't even acknowledge that there's a disc in the system. I think it might have something to do with heat buildup in the system, as it seems to work fine for a while after you let it cool off, but then as it warms up (I can feel the heat from outside the cabinet) it starts getting worse. Since we probably can't return it, I will look into possibly modifying it with a PC case fan to see if that helps.

Purchased At:   ?