Denon D-M7 Mini Systems

4.2/5 (10 Reviews)

Denon Personal Component System

Submitted by JJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was originally looking at a Yamaha system, but came across the D-M10 system at the store and couldn't believe the sound when I listen to it. I then came home and searched on the internet to read reviews about this product. Needless to say, I was sold.
I wasn't about to spend $1000+ on a system and decided to look into the D-M5 for $499. I somehow came across the D-M7 on internet for $448 (refurbished). I checked out the reviews and called the headquarters and asked why they stopped making the D-M7, and was told that they upgrade the system to the D-M10 to satisfy the customers because of all the positive feedback from the D-M7.

This is the BEST system for the quality and price I paid. The sound is super. The clarity on the Mission 731i speakers are awesome. The low volume bass is a little weak. I would suggest a separate subwoofer down the road to bring out the true bass for certain types of music.

This system is perfect for apartments and condos. Grab one if you can!!!

Submitted by James Thomas a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 1999

Bottom Line:
Close your eyes and you won't believe the sound you hear is coming from a minisystem. This system is definitely hi-end when it comes to mini system. I paid
$1000 for mine, if quality is more important than price then this unit is a
must. Otherwise go pick up an Aiwa system. My only compliant is the advance music search on the tape deck, it's pretty eratic and annoying. My overall rating is a ****

Submitted by wbchang a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
the denon is an adaquate system for the money as long as you get away from the stock speakers. with decent speakers, you will notice as vast improvement. still, vocals are a bit muffled and the bass is boomy but the highs are quite clear for what you pay for. ergonomics are good except i can't figure out why denon didn't include a pause button. major mistake. also, the remote has to be opened to access search buttons - again, poor design. overall, this system looks great and sounds alright.

Submitted by PO a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 1999

Bottom Line:
Before I bought this system, I purchased the Kenwood XD-981MD. The 981MD's transformer failed during the first day and I returned the system. Looking back, I'm am so fortunate the Kenwood system broke. The DM-7 is a truly amazing system. Listen to it and let the system speak for itself. My only complaint is that the 30 watts/channel amp does not do justice to the Mission speakers.

Submitted by G a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
The DM series from Denon do well. I've compared them to Marantz and Harmon Kardon mini systems, and the DM-7 overall has the best features. The amp is brighter than their receivers which is good because Denon makes their receives a little soft for some people's tastes. Cool looks and sound!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile