Aiwa NSX-V50 Mini Systems

2.28/5 (25 Reviews)

Submitted by MaciekPL87 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2008

Bottom Line:
I received this all-in-one on my first communion in 1996 when I was 9 years old. Initially I was bought a Panasonic system that stopped playing cd's after 4 days so it was exchanged for the Aiwa. I have to say that it has just given out after 12 years of constant use. CD stopped working 5 years later and vacuuming the box out only helped out for 2 or so weeks. Tapes just recently stopped working, and one deck cover doesn't close so is held by tape.

About 2 years ago I was honored 3-way Sony SS-MF315 speakers and it took advantage of the beautifully. Of course I started using the system to power my computer audio, alarm which is the only thing loud enough to wake me up for school. Rock/Classic setting with Surround off sounds best. No hissing sound that the current Sony STR-DE135 has that also went from the living room to my room. Bass was perfect and uses 3 way speakers very good, original speakers started smelling funky with extended loud use.

I was very happy and am very sad something is not getting good connection in the system anymore by turning itself off on its own and every wiggle sets it off. I might even get it fixed. =) Sound coming out of Sony MDR-V700 headphones is amazing. I guess I just try to make the best with what's handed to me.

Submitted by DavidDuke a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
My CD Player was workin' like a dandy for about the first 2 months. The whole town came over to listen to her when we first brought her home. It was a joyous occassion. Until one awful August day when Billy joe got a 2000 FREE hours of that new America Online CD. It didn't say internet it said something about disk error. We was so heart broken, we thot we was finly gonna get to type back and forth to mama in Arkansa, like they do in California. But instead the CD player srarted sparkin' something awful and burnt up my trailor with all of my furniture and animals. Even my new micro oven. No more aiwa's for me, and if your smart you,ll heed my words and stay away from aiwa.

Purchased At:   jethro's appliances

Submitted by Steve a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
CHECK THIS OUT!! Go to www.minisystemsettlement.com for info on a class action lawsuit which says Aiwa will fix the CD problem for free!!!

Submitted by Steve a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
We have been having problems with the CD player for some time. I have tried cleaning it, but no luck. It will not play most CDs; some it does not even recognize a CD is there. It seems to like the Doors greatest hits okay, but that is about it. I was amazed to find so many others who have had the same experience. I will take the advice of the many here who suggest scrapping it and buying something else. We had the system for around 3-4 years before noticing problems.

Purchased At:   Best Buy (I think)

Submitted by georgi dimitrov a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
best mini sistem.super sound quality.very powerfull(2x65W DIN).

Purchased At:   1996