Aiwa NSX-A959 Mini Systems

Submitted by Brian Wu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
What a deal!

I love this product because it's got lots of features and outstanding sound. I also have the Aiwa NSX-AJ20 that has only 100 Watts and way less features. So the NSX-A959 packs a punch and deliver's big, room filling sound. When I want to look at what time it is, I press the clock button on the system.

I set it up in the family room 2 upstairs. I listen to it a lot. I listen to my CDs and, the tapes that I recorded from Z100. I enjoy the system a lot!

SOUND
Awsome bass. This system contains 320 Watts and 4-Way Speaker System. I love the built-in powered subwoofer. That's how it got an awsome bass. The words sound very clear. Also, it's got a karaoke vocal fader. You can change the sound with the Graphic Equalizers with 5 presets (Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Classic) and 5 customs. You can change the sound with the DSP Surround (Disco, Live, Movie, and Hall). You can also change the sound with the T-Bass and BBE.

HOOKUP
It was really easy. Simply connect the speakers and the antenna and then you're ready to listen.

CD CHANGER
The CD changer looks very fancy. It is a 5-disk carousel changer that has the disks tilted. When there's no disk in the tray, it takes one look and continues on. Like the NSX-AJ20, it takes several looks before continuing on. There's a window that has a red and green light in it. It tells you if the tray is busy. If it's not doing anything, the light steadys. It also contains a opitical digital output that lets you install a CD burner.

FM/AM TUNER
The antenna gives you a great reception when you put it in the right spot. It contains 32 presets. I don't really care about it.

TAPE
The tape contains 2 decks. One is the recording/playback deck and the other one is the playback deck. One important feature I condsider is auto reverse so you don't have to flip the tape after playing one side. It contains high-speed dubbing that doubles that the speed, though with less qualities. You can also use Dolby B Noise Reduction.

The NSX-A959 also contains a full function wireless remote control. I use it for everything on the chair.

So there it is. An outstanding system that makes you want to listen if you are in a music mood. The great part is........the remote control that has everything you need.

Buy it if you see it!

Purchased At:   Costco

Submitted by Mo S. a

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
This system Rocks with 320 power it blows it all away. I have used the JVC mx-j900 with 400 watt but it doesn't even come close to the Aiwa. JVC has less features, way less features. I would reccomend that you buy this system, if you can find one. they're so good that they are RARE.

Purchased At:   Price Costco

Submitted by Frank ahmetaj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
IF YOU LIKE BASS BUY THIS RADIO THATS ALL I HAVE TO TELL YOU.

Submitted by Chase Jones a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
Don't let the size fool you. This baby pumps out 260 watts of pure loudness. With the BBE and T-bass systems it sounds like you are actually at the concert. It also comes with a little slot machine which is pretty cool. I got this system for about 135 bucks off of e-bay. What a deal!

Submitted by GLENN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I HAVE TO ADMIT I WAS REALLY STUNED BY THE SOUND AND BASS, THAT WAS COMEING OUT OF THE SPEAKERS. FOR THE SIZE THEY REALLY DO THE TRICK. I HAD THE SYSTEM ON INSIDE THE HOUSE, WIALE I WAS OUTSIDE WORKING ON MY CAR, AND I COULD STILL HEAR IT ALMOST AS WELL AS IN THE HOUSE. I WOULD REALLY RECOMEND THE PURCHASE OF ONE, IF CONSIDERING ONE...

LOTS OF LUCK