Aiwa NSX-A22 Mini Systems

2.1/5 (10 Reviews)

Submitted by Alex a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2013

Bottom Line:
Bought this system used at Goodwill for a mere 12 (twelve) dollars yesterday, and it's awesome... the CD player didn't work, but I was able to fix it by readjusting the laser lens. The tape decks are awesome as well, just wish it had auto reverse and Dolby NR, but oh well. THE END

Submitted by unclefactor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have bought two Aiwa minisystems over the past few years. The CD player has screwed up on both of them in various ways, especially the "spin-no play- CDs disappear" problem described by others here. They also have problems reading CD-Rs-- sometimes doing so, sometimes not. In fact, I have even had the strange experience of the unit apparently ERASING all the tracks on CD-Rs I have unsuccessfully tried to play.

I'm a music teacher, and the school I work at has an AIWA system as well, with a CD player that frequently exhibits the same problems. I paid to have this problem fixed in my home system a couple of years ago. I haven't been using it for a little while, because I had to dismantle it while work was being done in the room where it's located. I just set it tonight so I could use it, and damned if it doesn't refuse to read any CD I own.

I will never buy another Aiwa product again in my life!

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by JJ a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had the CD player repaired 3 times. I just finished the paperwork to be reinbursed for $125 (max) for repairs. A consumer lawsuit was filed against Aiwa for the defective CD player, was recently notified by mail.

Purchased At:   Sam's Club

Submitted by D B a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
This system is engineered to break. It has a problem with the CD player that Aiwa should have recalled and fixed.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by bass_freak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this system years ago. The CD player had problems, although, the sound wasn't bad. 20watts/channel was pretty cheap, but when I opened the speakers up, it had a little 4" woofer and a little tiny ceramic tweeter. the reason it sounds like this is that the woofers are actually full ranges and the tweeters are just...there. you can't even really hear them. I hooked better speakers to the stereo, but it wasn't worth it. It stil sounded crappy. The CD player I had to fix several timez, but I think the coolest thing aBOUT THE system is that you can see thru the top and it has milti colors inside. (that glass cracked and eventually broke off.)

Purchased At:   sears