Aiwa NSX-737 Mini Systems

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is the best shelf system I have ever heard, even for double the price. All the option it has, everything is terrific. My only recomendation is to change the speakers, they are rather cheap and kind of discouraging for such a great system. I used a pair of Yamaha 200w speakers and they sound awesome. If you can get the stores to let you hook up a good set of speakers you'll understand what I mean. If you don't have space (I use mine for my bedroom) I highly recommend getting this system, but better speakers are a must. Even with the lower grade speakers, I'm still giving a perfect 5 for such a great shelf system.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Veda a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 14, 1998

Bottom Line:
I've had this mini system for 4 years and just recently had a minor problem. Took it in for service earlier today. It's a great sounding system if you run it without the BBE and Bass extension option. Combined with the old '94 model Aiwa sub, it could handle just about any type of music. I actually used the main speakers along with a Krell KAV-300i for power cord comparisons. For some reason they are more sensitive to changes than high end speakers...

Submitted by Patrick Kamau a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 12, 1998

Bottom Line:
I have had my system for 4 years and the quality has been great.
I like the overall design and it has not given me any problems.
On a scale of 5 I will give it a perfect 5.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by John a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 1998

Bottom Line:
I have read reviews on other Aiwa mini systems and couldn't believe what I was reading. I have had my system for about two years and have had no problems with it. I use it every day for about at least 7 hours. The only thing I regret is that I bought it at the Wiz where I've had problems with service there (their paging provider sucks). If I could give 10 stars I would, but have to settle with 5.

BLG CP024: