Aiwa NMT-720 Mini Systems

Submitted by CC a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is my first home mini theatre system and I am impressed. I added a Polk PSW250 and it really pounds my room. I bought mine refurbished for @$240 (with shipping and handling) and it only had a minor scratch on one of the main speakers..unnoticeable from a foot away. This has the digital output I was looking for and the 5.1. I am very pleased with this system. I recommend buying refurbished if you can(but this model is usually backordered/high demand) because you get them for a lot cheaper and they come with a 90 day warranty as well. I believe they retail new for around $400. Same some money and check into refurbished units.

Submitted by Sean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
One of the best bookshelfs Ive ever heard, got mine with powered sub. Absolutely rocks for the price.

Submitted by Graham a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 1999

Bottom Line:
Before i bought this i considered getting a full surround sound system, which would've cost around $800 with all the stuff that is on this minisystem. Its got dolby pro logic, 5.1 channel inputs, and 5 speakers for great surround sound, perfect for a small room and a tight budget. The high-range sound is better than any other minisystem, and although the bass is not exeptional, it is usually sufficient. Paying an extra $50 for the extra Aiwa subwoofer is a good idea. The sound using the tape deck is twice as good as the cd sound on my old RCA minisystem. I highly recommend this system to anyone who wants surround for a small room!

Atlantic Technology :