Integra DPC6.1
Description: INTEGRA 6-DISK DVD PLAYER, DOLBY DIGITAL, DTS COMP => Model DPC-6.1

Submitted by sauna a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
Thank the good Lord for the 3yr warranty! I enjoy the DPC6.1. It does an excellent job with audio quality (better than my CD player!) and video. But some drawbacks that have left me feeling slightly gyped:

1) As a CD Changer, you cannot random play amongst all the discs. Only available on a disc per disc basis.
2) Does not support MP3. If I can't get it to random all my discs, let me make my own collections. To be able to put 10 CD's worth of music on a single disc would be great. But it doesn't support MP3's.
3) Does not play CD-R's or CD-RW's. If I can't play random songs on CD's, and can't read MP3's, at least let me make CD-Audio collections. But no can do - no CD-R's or RW's are recognized.

So, it is an awesome DVD player and CD player (as long as you are going through complete discs). So why have the 6-disc carousel? This would be an excellent single-disc DVD player.

Now, it is only awesome when it is in my media center. When it is in the shop, I am missing it. I've had it in twice. Once at 14 mo. old to replace a data cable that malfunctioned and once at 23 mo. to replace all of the opticals, the drive motor, and an operating system upgrade. That one took 9 weeks. And it still doesn't read CD-R/RW's or MP3's. But I am glad to at least have it back.

My summary opinion:
Excellent quality Audio/Video, don't use it to replace an existing CD-changer because of function limitations. Make sure you keep Onkyo's service center phone number handy

Purchased At:   Room Service