Rio 800
Description: Get ready to experience the ultimate in high-end sound from the leader of the digital audio revolution. Rio 800 will deliver the most advanced level of power, performance, and convenience you'll ever hear. Capture, mix, and playback up to 2 hours of digital-quality music from the Internet or CDs. Created by people as intense about sound as you are. No wonder Rio is the new world standard in portable digital audio players.

Submitted by Ed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have owned this thing since 2000. I have to this date never been able to successfully load even a single song on to it. When I finally did get it to work it attached the first sound bites it came to off of my hard drive and recorded them. Then I got a message saying (something to the affect) that in order to record more music onto the player I had to contact RIO and have them first since I had used all of my free uploads (bear with me here it has been long time since I have fought with this player so my details may be a bit off). To make a long story short Rio never replied when contacted (at least 5 attempts). I have never been able to listen to even a single song on the player and it tweaks me to no end every time I see this thing sitting in the drawer. THE WORST CONSUMER PRODUCT I HAVE EVER HEARD OF LET ALONE USED (TRIED TO).

Submitted by Efaustus9 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
Despite the numerous negative consumer reviews I have actually had a good experience with my Rio800 128MB. The model I purchased though was refurbished hence it came with the latest software updates which I partly attribute to my good fortune. The player sounds a degree better then my Rio300 32MB which I had owned for hand.Besides you can further tweak the base and treble using the custom eq or by choosing one of the presets. The battery life lasts me about 5-6 hours, which is fine for my workouts or jogging sessions. My only gripe with the pakage is the included Realone software which I found to be subpar. I circumvented this issue though by simply installing a patch for my musicmatch software that allows it to communicate with my player. Overall it was certainly worth the $80.00 I spent, and I am quite content with this product.

Purchased At:   Overstock.com

Submitted by davidelliot a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
this player is okay as a player, but what is the point of haveing a recorder that records your voice if you can't save the recordings to your computer.?

that only make this rio 800 crap, as they make a big deal of the mostly useless voice recorder

Submitted by Nate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
JUNK! Had problems from day one. Shuts off on it's own, wherever and whenever it wants to. Software isn't the greatest either. I'll never buy anything from sonicJUNK again!

Purchased At:   Amazon

Submitted by Jerry Low a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I use the Rio 800 almost everyday and only had a few problems a while ago but solved that... The problem was the batteries won't last long so I went and brought 4 new NiMH battery for $20 CDN and since each battery will last about a year I'm thinking of having 4 years to go... anyways I'm selling it any way to change to other players for different feel. I problem I had was the plastic shell rather than metal ones like all other players do and the slow transfer...