Creative Labs Nomad IIc
Description: The Creative Nomad II C is a device within Creative's PDE Internet solutions. Unlike other MP3 audio players, this product features a unique active lifestyle design offering the most future proof upgradeability, and the widest feature set on the market. This model features a secure and attractive clamshellpackaging, designed specifically for busy retail.

Submitted by Jannet Kwan a

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
It is by far the best mp3 player a person can ever have. It can hold more than 5,000 song.

Purchased At:   Buy

Submitted by Pissed a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Creative Nomad II SUCKS
- DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!! -
-Where do I start?-
The FM tuner only works when standing next to the Radio Broadcast Station. I live in a downtown area close to several radio stations and this thing will not hold a complete signal for more than two seconds unless I'm standing next to the Radio Broadcast Station.
-NEXT-
The cheap little buttons break far too easily, I have pushed in a couple of buttons by just simply touching them. Once they are pushed in they become unuseable.
-NEXT-
Tech support is a FU$#ING JOKE! I waited for two and a half hours until some kid picked me up, only to have no knowledge behind this product. The Supervisor was a twenty four year old with less knowledge. BTW, this support call is long distance at your expence.
-NEXT-
I suggest everyone BOYCOTT Creative Labs and thier shotty products and lack of service.
-DO NOT BUY CREATIVE LABS PRODUCTS-

Submitted by Jane Friedman a

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this particular MP3 player because it's one of the few that include FM radio. It's also the perfect size for runners -- and that's how I primarily use it -- sports-related activities. It's been great in all aspects except one: the remote control wires/headphone wires aren't that great. I had to replace them in less than a year. Also I have occasional trouble with it not turning on -- and I suspect it has to do with sweat trickling down into the components. Of course I didn't expect it to be waterproof, but I do wish some one out there would make a MP3 player that will withstand a decent amount of sweat without going to pot in a few months.

Used product for:   1 Year

Purchased At:   online store

Submitted by Monkey a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
With features like Voice Recording, Radio Playback, Radio Recording, and MP3 and WMA support this tiny litle unit has everything I need.

More than once I've sat on, laid down on, dropped, etc. this player (the II MG) while working out and never have I experienced even a hint of a problem.

And the WMA support makes a big difference, as a WMA encoded at 64kbps sounds almost as good (and more than good enough for a work-out)as an MP3 encoded at 128kbps, so I can usually fit almost 30 songs on the on-board 64MB or memory.

Purchased At:   Micro Center

Submitted by Ryan Fujikawa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have the Nomad II mg 64mb and I've upgraded it with a 128mb memory card. My brother has the Rio 500 and we both agree that the Nomad sounds better. I also think it's better looking for what it's worth. I've used the software with windows 98 and 2000 with no problems whatsoever.