Archos Gmini 120
Description: Archos Gmini 120 20GB MP3 Player

Submitted by guppys a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
Archos Inc. manufacturer of consumer electronics, beware before you buy any products from this company. I purchased an MP3 player in February 2006 which was defective I sent the product back to Archos on February 18th and as of today June 11th, 2006 I have yet to receive this unit back. I have called the company 12 times over this period and always get the same response we will call you within 48 hours and tell you when your product will be shipped. And of course no one calls. I purchased the product through Newegg. Com and have contacted them about the problem. Newwegg then contacted Archos and guess what, they got the same response. Bottom line don't buy a Archos product

Purchased At:   Newegg.com

Submitted by Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
The product never was fully functional. The buttons did not always function according to their primary function. The unit would shut off or not turn on. The interface with Music\match had problems. Could not see music on the drive. The the unit started showing gobbledegook on the screen and then wouldn't turn on.
It was sent in several for rapairs. The first time it was sent in, it took an extraordinary number of phone calls to get them to ship finally a repalcement product back. Then they shipped two back. I was puzzled. A month later I got a call requesting my credit card number to charge me for the second one. They obviously wanted it returned which i did. [I should have kept it in anticipation of extensive future problems].
The second time I sent it in, it wasn't repaired and they charged me for then repair and sent it back to me. I sent it back a third time and after extensive phone calls and hassling they supervisor promised to send me a new unit or upgrade and gave me a direct line. I called the supervisor when things didn't happen and he said he would put me on the poriority list (whatever that was). They would replace or supply a free upgrade for my trouble. When nothing happened again, I called the direct line that was now disconnected. So, I called the main number and started the runaround all over again, never able to reach the supervisor with the promises. A replacement product still has not been returned and it has been brought to my attention that the product was discontinued. But the RMA representative on the last call quickly offerred me a 25% discount on the new upgrade. Do you know where they can stick there upgrade?

Purchased At:   Direct from Archos