SpeakerCraft Mirror Image Technology
Description: <ul> <li>Aluminum Grilles</li> <li>100% weather- resistant</li> <li>No mounting brackets required</li> </ul>

Submitted by kennydg111 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 8.5mt's and the 6.5mt's (the 6.5's I got off ebay for $80) Couldn't pass these up for the price I got them for. I have a fairly small home theater room (12 x 18) so space was a factor in speaker selection. The 8.5's are the fronts and the 6.5's are the rear backs. These speakers have not disappointed. I have had numerous cabinet speakers over the years and none have out performed these. I was initailly powering these speakers with a yamaha htr5860 and the speakers took on the characteristics of the amp ( in my opinion a bit bright). I have recently added a 7 channel power amp (using the 5860 as a preamp) and the speakers seem richer and fuller, the brightness has disappeared. The balance of my speakers consists of aim8 one's (sides), aim lcr3 center, and a hsu vtf2 sub. My system is utilized at about 70% movies and 30% music. Coming up with a system that does movies and music well is not always easy, but I couldn't be happier with this set up.

Submitted by ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 8.5mt's. I was powering these with a htr 5860 yamaha and they sounded pretty good but I always felt like there was more to get out of them. I recently added a Boston A7200 power amp (using the 5860 for the preamp) and Ithese speakers have really come to life. My home theater room is approx 12"x18" and these speakers work out nicely as my fronts.

Purchased At:   Ebay