Cardas Audio 300B Audio Interconnect

Submitted by cocopeep a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2007

Bottom Line:
The Cardas twinlink interconnect is great cable for the money. This is a great cable in terms of soundstage and the ability to reveal a good amount of soundstage, which allows each instrument played to be heard with great detail. However it can also sound a little shallow compared to better Cardas cables on the way up the line, which is something to be considered when purchasing this cable, so the quadlink could be better in this case. This cable is capable of competing with interconnects costing much more, and in terms of quality, it is a flexable and thin cable. Compared to other cable, this is a bargain. Yet it could be cheaper than replacing some equipment for that extra bit of that extra soundstage audiophiles are looking for. In the past, I used this cable for my B&K amps that I no longer have and also replaced the interconnect, in the past however, it served me well with the B&K amps.

Equipment used:

Amp Parasound Halo A21
Preamp B&K Reference 5
CD Player Roksan Kandy
Line Protector Monster Power HTS 3500
Speakers JSE Infinite Slope 1.8
Speaker cableCardas Quadlink 2 Meters for high (Bi-wire)
Cardas Twinlink 3 Meters for bass (Bi-wire)
Interconnect Cardas Cross 1 meter from Preamp to CD (RCA)
Cardas Cross 1 meter from Preamp to Amp (XLR)

Purchased At:   Longplayer stereo

Submitted by amdigital a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
Superb at taming the digital nasties! Beautiful warm, somewhat dark presentation without the top end lossiness of similar products. Robust mid's and low-mid's. Eliminates the fatiguing nature of listening to budget CD players and/or poorly recorded digital material noted for its abrasive "ringiness"... Highly recommended for entry-level audiophile equipment.

Purchased At:   General Audio

Submitted by Gibson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
A friend let me borrow these cables because I was complaining about the etched sound I was getting with my set-up. I am using B&W Nautilus 805's supported by Sound Anchors and powered by a Sunfire Amp and Sunfire Tube Pre-amp and wired with Analysis Plus Oval 9's. My front end is an Adcom GCD 700 supported by Black Cone Pyramids. I thought my weakness was the CD player, or quite possibly, mismatched cables. He commented that the metal dome tweeters in the 805's needed taming and that he would let me borrow the Cardas 300B's for trial.

I can tell you that I am no longer considering getting a new CD player! Those cables did tame the speakers and I am now enjoying music again. The MIT cables added significant dynamic range over the Monsters, but the Cardas cables added musicality. There is more substance to the music. I did not lose dynamic range, I just gained a more pleasing sound. The etchiness is gone.

Purchased At:   Borrowed