Denon PMA-560
Description: 70 Watt Integrated Amp (1900-1992)

Submitted by GotNoRice a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got this at a swap-meet for $25! It does a great job powering my JBL L150's and produces very clear audio. Unlike some of the other products i've tried, this one has NO PROBLEM having the bass cranked up. This is really a great AMP and I was very lucky to pick it up at the price I did.

Submitted by Amir Yanovsky a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
If you love Hi quality sound, for a reasonable price tag,
That’s the one to get.
I have had it for the last 8 years,
Today it serves me very well in order to run the front main 2 channels of a DVD Dolby-Digital driven system of 5 channels.
;)
I use other amps to drive the rest of the channels.
If you know a bit in audio equipment, you know Denon is one of the best to use.
Very hi quality equipment with one of the highest reliable records.
P.S
I use always the cd-direct button to pass over the preamp bass and treble adjustment.
That way the sound is 110db signal to noise ratio!
try to get that in other Amps at that class!
;)

Purchased At:   Israel

Submitted by Yves Simon a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
Excellent apmplifier. I am using it for 8 years, every day, mostly at low level (Bedroom). Never failed ! Very good sounding at high AND low level (rare). Compared to high-end separates, it is inferior (details, power in very low freq.), but the difference is very slight ! Very good build quality (2 transformers, for example).
A pity that it doesn't have a "Mono" mode. I think it is important to test a system.

Submitted by Mark Perrine a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have owned the PMA 560 since 1990. I love the machine because of its pure unadulterated sound quality. It has really stood the test of time and is well made. The only regret I have is that it does not have a remote hookup, but one must give up somethings for others (I realize).

Submitted by Ethan Teoh a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 1998

Bottom Line:
The Denon PMA-560 is one of the best sounding amps in its class. My review was made possible by my dealer and associated equipment was as follows:
Marantz CD-67MKII CD player
Mission 751 Freedom Loudspeakers
van den Hul THE FIRST interconnect
van den Hul MAGNUM HYBRID speaker cables

Warm up of the PMA-560 was given a mere two hour time period. By that time the in-depth was clear and music produced was warm enough while bass remained detailed. I would say, with the PMA-560, the advantage achieved would be the mids and higs. Test CDs were Audiophile certified CDs from performers like Mary Black, Frances Black. For instrumental, we had Chet Atkins'guitar collection (In Living Stereo) and it performed flawlessly. Details were not hidden. Yet with all its goodness in the PMA-560, for some strange reasons, I feel its bass could still be further improved but heck, I'm not complaining.

The PMA-560 features a new optical Class-A integrated circuit which controls the output power of a modest 60 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms. It is also bi-wiring compliant with Phono select of MC and MM cartridge. Above all, the experience was a memorable one. If you can...experience it for yourself.

Ethan Teoh