Creek Audio EVO

Submitted by nandito a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2008

Bottom Line:
I heve been listening to this amp for about six months now and i am very pleased so far.The amp is very solidly constructed with a well finished aluminium front panel, beeing the knobs ok. I also like its low profile and the display works properly. About the sonics, this is my first "expensive" amp ( i had used only more main stream amps like pioneers, yamahas and sansui ones) and I had always believed that the amplifier quality was of litlle importance for the allarround sound quality of the system. Now I am changing my mind about this. With this one, the diference shows a lot. I am using it paired with a music hall mmf 7 turntable and the sound is amazing. With the rigth records the stage is 3-D, the bass is solid and the high frequencies brigth but never harsh. I am using a pair of inexpensive yamaha towers that dont match the quality of the amplifier and even so, the sound is very rewarding. It is maybe a little bright, but of course, I supose I have to pair it with a better pair of speakers( i cant wait to get a pair of epos next year).
On the weaknesses, well, the speakers terminals could be better, I dont mind there is only one pair of them, ,I intend to use it with a pair of speakers only.
About the absence of tone control knobs, this may sound not very audiophile, but i think i miss them( not every recording is made the same)
The remote is ok but in mine the finish have started to fade arround the volume button .Otherwise is ok
Finally, thanks to Larry Weinstein in hollywood sound,Florida.I highly recommend him.

Purchased At:   hollywood sound ,Hol

Submitted by slivers a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2008

Bottom Line:
Very full and rich sound. Ideal match for my Paradigm Studio 40 v4. Plenty of power for 85 wpc rating. Nice soundstage and imageing. Highly recommended.

Purchased At:   Advance Winnipeg