Sony MHC ZX70DVD 5 Disc DVD A V Mini Hi Fi System Multiple DVD Players

- Complete DVD and Dolby Digital home theater system.
- 5-disc DVD/CD changer for digital audio and video
- Built-in Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic decoder.
- 5 speakers, including center and surround.
- 3-way main speakers with 7-inch woofers.
- Multi-function GUI control.
- Digital tuner with 20 FM + 10 AM station presets.
- Dual auto reverse dubbing deck with full logic controls.
- Dolby B noise reduction.
- A/V UniCommander remote control.

Submitted by Hebat Allah YOUSSOF a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2011

Bottom Line:
after little months there was a problem at cassette unite, after fixing it, there was a problem at cd unite, then IC prblem : tmp88cs77af .. the worst that this IC is not available at market !!!

Submitted by lawrence a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
SONY MINI HI-FI COMPONENT SYSTEM
MHC-ZX70DVD
I bought this system back in 2001 just after it came out in market. I love it. Amazing surround sounds, excellent sound when I listen to my opera album, monks'c chants etc. But lately, my DVD player is not emitting good pictures on TV. The pictures display contrasting lines across and parallel which really annoys the hell out of me. But my TV pictures are fine. Would somebody advise me what I can do to better the picture quality. I checked my cables they seem to be connected fine. Please advise asap. What are my options now. Thank you.
I have FD Trinitron Wega 27 inches Sony TV.

Purchased At:   1100

Submitted by Serge a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got this system as a birthday present three or four years ago. At the time, it was the top of the line model, and it's still an excellent DVD player (that also plays music CD's.) The speakers and sound quality are excellent, it's never broken down, and I love the DVD changer feature.

However, it's got one major weakness- it doesn't play burned CD's of any kind. The laser in the system was never designed for it; I *once* got it to play a CDRW, but only once. As a result, lately it's basically been relegated to a pure DVD watching machine and I don't use it for anything else anymore.

Overall, this used to be a great model, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone that wants to make their own CD's. Go with a newer design, preferably one that also plays MP3's.

BLG CP024: