Yamaha VS 10
Description: Yamaha introduces the VS-10 Home Theater System. The VS-10 comes complete with six speakers, built-in Dolby Digital and DTS, and even a new remote control. Other features include a Tru-Bass function, a powerful home processor/amplifier, and multiple inputs and outputs for maximum expandability, and compatibility. <br>

Submitted by rancidrecords a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
Firstly I mostly use this system for monitoring when I mix in 5.1 (nuendo with audigy2 plat. ex)and it is great. I mainly chose the vs10 because of it's mid to near field usefulness and it's size plus it's natural and uncoloured sound.

Purchased At:   Noel Leemings

Submitted by Heru a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
like the previous reviewer, I too had browsed the net for every review, comment, and everything else regarding the vs10. and on one fine day, i bought it. I usually use it with my computer via optical connection. all is well as I re-play all my dvds with never-before-heard clarity of multichannel DTS. I'd been quite happy before one day I notice that i don't hear enough treble playing my mp3 collection. I tried with my cd player with optical connection but with little difference. It was not until a few months after I finally opened the front speaker that I found something so ridiculous.

first, I must tell you that the standard front speaker is rated 6 ohm. And the mid-woofer (rated 6 ohm)speaker driver is connected in parallel with the tweeter without any crossover network whatsoever. But I guessed I could live with that. But I was a bit curious of how they make a 6 ohm speaker by using 6 ohm mid-woofer in parallel with a tweeter (which, btw is a tiny little thing which seemingly without magnet. So I tested the tweeter impedance and to my surprise, it was rated at almost infinity. Okay, you'd probably guess it was a measurement error on my part, and so did I. And so, I connected the tweeter directly to the amplifier. It emitted a very tiny sound to the point of being insignificant compared to the mid-woofer.

So, there you have it. Test it yourself, I would love to know about your result. And now I using a pair of old 2-way UK's Audio Image satellite and happily play my MP3 collection smiling ear to ear

Purchased At:   Indonesia

Submitted by Qas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Choosing a budget 5.1 setup was difficult as they are so many available but after reading loads reviews I decided to go for Yamaha VS-10, setting it up was easy, I sat down inserted a dvd I was blown away, it sounded amazing, the sub being the start of the show. If you on a budget this is the perfect 5.1 system.

Submitted by Huang Ming Hai a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
Good product for home theater starter.
Sound quality is OK for stereo listening.

Sound much better than my JBL which only can decode Dolby Pro Logic