Samsung HT-DM150 Home Theater in a Box

4.2/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $299.00

Samsung DVD Surround Sound System with Progressive-Scan Video Output and MP3 Playback

Submitted by ARPI a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
SUPER. EASY,ergonomic,simple.Not expensive. Always in order.

Submitted by assbite a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I find this to be a great system for the reason that i have a smaller room and do not require a 500 watt system. The audio comes out rich and clear, the DVD player is superior, althoguh it takes a while to load while it reconizes disc formats (MP3, VCD, DVD). However, Fm and AM radio comes in loud and clear and yeah, i sy it's a must buy for any small room

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
The HT-DM150 stands to be a great intro set for the first-time home theater crowd. As such, it is top-notch. It's speakers, including the unpowered subwoofer, deliver surprisingly strong audio, and will shake small to moderate rooms to pieces. The video is a mixed bag (see weaknesses below). Support is not nearly as helpful as it could be, and the included documentation is a joke. There are a number of features unmentioned in the instruction manual, and quite a few settings that I'm still puzzling over.

Purchased At:   circuitcity.com

Submitted by James a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this system for my room to upgrade the sound from an old computer sound system. I have been quite pleased with this system, and since I am only 17, I will be able to bring this with me through college and past. The features are great, with plenty of bass, which I love. Although, the whole system could use a bit more power, I end up listening to it at full power sometimes. It is nice to have a built in cooler fan too, since I have a TV sitting on top of the box, it needs the cooling fan. Overall, a great buy for the price.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Bill Farr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit to use in the bedroom for DVD movies and for movies through my satellite service. For the price, I am very impressed with the features this system has and the quality of the sound. The bedroom is small so it is more than enough sound but I think it would be too weak for a larger room. The Dolby Surround II is great for TV shows. It also has a few pre set sount fields that allow you to set the right sound for movies or music. If you are looking for an inexpensive unit to get home theatre into a small room it's well worth the money. Samsung had a $100 rebate on when I bought mine so teh net cost was only $300 Canadian.

Purchased At:   Electronics store