Panasonic SC-HT15 Home Theater in a Box

• 800 watts peak power
  • 5.1-channel surround sound

Submitted by StateDJ85 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
I guess I'll have the first review on this setup. I've got a Paradigm Reference/Yamaha system at home, and was looking for something under 500 for my college apt. I stumbled across this system on sale at Circuit city. I didnt need DVD or anything, I just wanted a cheap setup.

Overall, I've been very impressed for the price. The system includes 2 thin tower speakers, center, 2 surrounds, and a powered subwoofer. The reciever is powered by the subwoofer and has 3 digital inputs, with 3 or 4 analog inputs. It also has a tuner. I've used this system for both movies and music and I think as a whole it does a great job of filling a room with sound. The front speakers look really sexy, and would work great mounted on a wall with a plasma TV. The speakers themselves put out mostly treble/high midrange while the sub fills int he rest. I dont think the gap in frequency response is too obvious. I have the music running through an EQ on the computer before going into this system, so I've adjusted it to best suit the speakers.

Overall:

For under 300 bucks, it's a great looking, simple, and versatile system. The fact that all 5 speakers can be mounted easily makes it ideal for the popularity of flat TVs. It also has 3 digital inputs for connectivity. The tuner also seems to work very well and is very clear. I've cranked up music in both stereo and surround and haven't been disappointed yet. I think

Purchased At:   Circuit City