Panasonic SC-HT720
Description: <ul> <li>DVD/CD Player/Receiver</li> <li>Built-In 5-DVD Changer Tray</li> <li>Selectable Sleep Timer Modes</li> <li>30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes</li> <li>AM/FM Digital Tuner</li> <li>MOVIE and MUSIC Mode</li> <li>Speaker System</li> <li>Magnetically-Shielded 3-Way Main (Front) Speakers</li> <li>Center Speaker</li> <li>Full-Range Cone Driver</li> </ul>

Submitted by Tonia Reeder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2007

Bottom Line:
This system has given me nothing but trouble since I bought it. Best Buy referred me to Panasonic - Panasonic referred me to a local electronic repair center who said they couldn't replicate the problem. When playing DVDs or CDs (particularly DVDs) the system frequently stops playing while watching - this may happen once or it may happen several times in a row. I was given a pretty lame excuse that I may be playing high action DVDs and the system possibly can't keep up - but the problem happens regardless of the movie genre. The warranty period has obviously passed now and I'm stuck with a crappy system that I would never recommend to anyone. I will never buy another Panasonic product of any kind ever again.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Hammerdog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2004

Bottom Line:
well I needed a new system never had a surround sound system and buying separates components adds up. I got a 5 disc dvd/cd player 800watts 5 speakers plus sub woofer. Thing seemed OK not as good as my JBL's but nice for what it is...The room is not huge so I could not justify $1,000 just to listen to TV better

Purchased At:   best buys