Panasonic SCHT290D
Description: 100 Watts x 6, Dolby Digital/DTS/Pro-Logic, 6 Speaker System, 5 Disc DVD/CD Carousel Changer.

Submitted by Dorian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was more interested in music before I purchased this system but apart from CD's sounding great, I am happy to report that DVD movies are stunning to look at; music DVD's are AMAZING - the sound is exceptional(I have a Paradigm speaker ensemble hooked up with it instead of the speakers it came with). Automatic sensing of DTS/Digital/Dolby makes it a piece of cake to sit back and let it do it's thing.

I think I got more BANG out of my buck considering which is very nice, since I always go for the more expensive stuff.

Thank you Panasonic for making a great product very affordable, beautiful to look at, and music to my ears!!!

Purchased At:   HiFi 2000

Submitted by Simon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
One of my friend have bought this home theater system and I have been so impressed that I have bought one too!

Ideal for the kind of person that like simple systems, easy to use or to wire but still powerfull. You can use it as it come out of the box without having to configurate anything to have great sound.

The speakers gives good sound quality and the subwoofer is well balanced so it is nice to listen music with it. And for DVD's the 5.1 capability fill the room very much.I have recently lisened Pearl Harbor and The return of the mummy and it just throw me away!

Also the MP3 decoder from charger is impressive, it gives a sound quality as good as an original CD. But it makes a strange noise when reading DVD's, I'm still searching why.
I dont have HDTV but on my 27" Panablack the picture is really clean

Maybe Hi-Fi lovers might find this system to simple or not enougnt versatile but its perfect buy for the mid-user.

Purchased At:   Sears