Denon DHT-682XP Home Theater in a Box

Dolby Digital Pro Logic II/DTS A/V Receiver with 5 Speakers and Powered Subwoofer

Submitted by raul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased after a research in the web for two months, I decided to change my cambridge soundworks multimedia system. I research the web for a packed system in pioneer and onkyo without a DVD and I heard about denon.

Then I decided for denon 682xp because the vendor of brandsmart suggest the denon, I saw the web page of denon and check the specs with the others systems, the denon has a better speakers.

The receiver is a denon avr 682/1602, the speakers are excellent, I love the size of them, to put the front speakers, need an extra cables, the system came with 3 meters only for the front speakers. Set up the system was not to difficult, I use the screen in the receiver which has a good size, I disappointed the use of feets only. The receiver has all the functions in front panel.

For video connections I don’t use the receiver I connect all directly to the TV. For audio connections, I use the digital, the optical for the PS2, and coaxial for the DVD.

The remote is good, it replaced the DVD remote, it’s smaller and lighter. For the VCR, it’s not enough, only works for playback.

I play matrix and sounds excellent, but I must put the volume in –25 to hear all the details, also the VHS tapes and CD music sounds great, now I can hear more clearly with a good detail.

Purchased At:   brandsmart