Bose Lifestyle 35 (Black) Home Theater in a Box

2.5/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $2699.95

Submitted by sapphire a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
Great design and build quality with discrete speakers that are child friendly. DVD quality is good (not great) however CD audio is poor. Non-existent mid range, poor imaging, not for audiophiles. (OK for background music)

Submitted by Charles Trybus a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am on my third Lifestyle 35 dvd/cd player in eight months time. DVD movies just freeze, and the machine has to be powered completely off, wait a few minutes and power back up. My dvd collection is a whopping 17 disc's which I play maybe one a week. This failure rate is unacceptable. Bose support has not responded to my problem and the owner of the Bose outlet has not returned any calls.

Submitted by lonthol a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
BoseSL 35: I have owned three different LS 35 for less than 45 days. The first system I had for 30 days, and it froze on me during the movies for 3 times. For each time it froze or locked like a computer, I had to shut off the power supply and reboot the system back. Next, I exchanged for a new one, and it froze on me once after watching my first movie. I had to reboot it again, so I went back and exchanged for another one. I tried to contact the Bose technical support, but I didn't have time to wait for at least 20-30 minutes each time. I hope this third one going to be ok.

Purchased At:   Navy Ex-change

Submitted by LA GUY a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bose Lifestyle 35 is a good product, sounds good, plays all types of DVD and CD's including MP3's. I wanted to know more about its wattage, ohms and certain specs on the product. none was to be found even on the manual. I could not compare this system to others so I had to bring it home. Most speaker companies have their products in a room to compare. Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, Energy Speakers, etc...so I became somewhat curious as to why wouldnt Bose place their systems to compete head to head with the others. I took this system back, bought better speakers with my old receiver(not bose). really thats all I needed.

Purchased At:   Bose Factory