Zenith DVD2381 DVD Players

3.13/5 (23 Reviews)

Zenith introduces their Versatile Digital DVD Disc Player. This product features 4x - 16x Moveable Zoom, 3D Surround, Dolby Digital/DTS Output, Repeat Play Mode, Progressive Scan, MP3/HDCD Decoding, and this DVD Player also supports multiple interfaces.

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was so dissapointed in this player.The picture and sound quality are both pretty good for this price range but the machine is constantly freezing up to the point that you get so mad that you can't enjoy anything that you watch with it! Circuit City denied knowing of any problem but Zenith does have an upgrade for it.Doesn't fix it though.I shop at good guys now.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by JW a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
All worked fine on this for about a year, and then it began freezing up about 10 times per movie. I've searched the Web and found this forum, where I see other reports of the same problem. Avoid this model, or buy an extended warranty.

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a very solid player. I used to have a Panasonic DVD player, but gave it to my Mom when I bought this unit. I have been pleased with both the sound and picture quality so far. I use the optical out to my Yamaha receiver and the component out with progressive scan setting to my 57" Hitachi widescreen. The player does have trouble with only 1 disc I own, and I think it's due to scratches. Also, I've had problems playing dirty CD's, like the kind you'd get if you rent. However, if you take care of your DVDs, this player is just fine. Also, it does pause at some point for about 1 to 2 seconds while playing dual layer discs, but this seems to be normal, as it did the same thing in my old Panasonic player.

Submitted by ycai a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
The player looks clean and sharp. It works great so far. Played almost 10 rental movies right after I got it, worked through all of them. No problem. But the tray got stuck twice, little glitch. No biggie. Just use the button or the remove, do not try manually push the tray. From the reviews I've read, maybe I am just more lucky. Still it's a very nice looking piece.

Submitted by cozzmo1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Got this for Christmas to go with my new TV, Had it in twice for repair. This always freezes about 10 times for every DVD. Still looking to get a Store credit. (Circuit City is giving me the run-a-round) and yes the same DVD's play on my Apex (El Cheapo in the basement) I am royaly pissed!