Zenith DVC-2200 DVD Players

3.44/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $229.00

Submitted by dreina a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am rather surprised at how much others have paid yet they still consider it a good value. I paid $88 in 11/2001 and it was money well spent. $88 in 2001 for a DVD was unheard of particularly for a reputable company such as Zenith. These are prices to be expected from generics such as Apex. I have now had this player two years and it continues to serve faithfully. Occasionally it will mal-function where the colors come out severely distorted and images only appear in shades of red and green. Ejecting the DVD and reloading it usually solves this problem. I have now retired it due to limitations I will itemize as weaknesses in this review.

Purchased At:   BrandsMart U.S.A

Submitted by Karamitso Dimitrios a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Very pleased with this DVD player. When I first started reading the reviews of this product I was worried about the DVD player. Whatever the proble(s) was/were Zenith corected them BIG TIME!!! Buyers do not worry this is an awesome DVD machine if you can't afford the higher end models. This machine is GREAT

Purchased At:   centre-HiFi

Submitted by Jon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
This has been a great entry level DVD for me. I have three DVDs in different rooms in the house that I paid much more for and this Zenith runs just as good. I have had absolutely no problems. The picture and the sound is terrific and it matches great with a Sony TV. I recently bought a couple more for gifts. They are all running fine.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by colin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
bought new in 01/15/01 it is my first dvd player.I have played over 150 movies on it and have not had a single problem with it so far i have found this to be a great buy for a $160.The only complaint i have is it takes to long to load a disk.I have read many bad things about this product it seems zeneth has fixed the problems that afected the older models,but of course only time will tell!

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Gregory Armentrout a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was given this player for Xmas. It was the only one left late in the season. Was hoping for the Panasonic RV30 after reading reviews. Scared by reviews on this one. Wanted to get service contract to prevent three month failure documented in the other reviews, but have passed the 30 day mark already.
Haven't noticed any glitches yet. First disc I tested was The Matrix. (only owned two at the time). Played fine. Have played about half a dozen more since then with no noticeable errors except one that I attributed to the disc being a rental.
Looks and sounds good to me. Hooked in through coax (audio).

Purchased At:   Circuit City