Yamaha DVD-C900 DVD Players

2.61/5 (41 Reviews) MSRP : $799.00

5-DISC DVD/CD changer with Dolby Digital/DTS - 10-bit/27MHz video DAC - 24-bit/96kHz audio DACs - S-video and component video outputs - Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs

Submitted by PATRICK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
WELL I DID NOT EXPECT THIS FROM YAMAHA . Last week i saw a demo model for $94.00 and laughed my way quietly out the back door with said unit in hand . Oh i figured those boy's at tweeker must of had aball with this one.heah you know leaving it on non stop for 18 months collecting ungodly amounts of dust ,having it subjected to proding hands ,bogus enron induced power surges ect.Well i'm not laughing now.better have them boy's at tweeter fix it quick before my warranty runs out,it seems my unit has alittle problem stuttering too!

Purchased At:   TWEEKER

Submitted by cris kelly a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
shame on you Yamaha for making this degrading machine and then selling it on the market.

Purchased At:   splus

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
Bought it a year ago and was able to get a 3 year warrenty thrown in(lucky). Worked great for six months then wham, you'd have thought I'd dropped it. Miscellaniously stopped when playing, fastforwarding, chapter skipping, etc. Brought it back, and the repair man said it was just dirty. Yeah right. Took it home, did the same thing again. Brought it back again, and they had it for four weeks, when i got it back, they had changed the laser pick up. Brought it home two months ago, and it's worked great ever since. The player has a great picture for a non-progressive machine, better than any of the three others I've tried. I watch it on my Sony KP-53HS30 tv, and what a stunning picture. It does also have better cd sound than my 10 year old pioneer ld player(401) but take that however you want. You can't buy these anymore, and I wouldn't recomend it anyway, see all the rest of these reviews. But if you have one and it's giving you trouble, the above fix has worked excellent for me. I would have rated this machine a four if there had been no trouble.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I can't belive after 18 months it is malfunctioning. I was surprized that the warrenty was only 1 year. Most of my yamaha products have been great. This one stops in the middle of movies and refuses to play some CD's (even brand new ones). Repositioning htem sometimes helps. Sometimes just opening hte drawer allows them to play.

Purchased At:   Home Entertainment

Submitted by Richard Brown a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I used to love this DVD changer.......But despite sending it back and fourth to Yamaha for "software upgrades"...I just can't wait to get rid of it and get Yamaha's upcoming progressive scan, 5 disc DVD audio/video changer next spring. I hate how it stops playing right in the middle of a good scene. I take the DVD out and make sure it's clean but it does'nt help. Be sure to steer clear of this DVD player, unless it's onsale for about $10.00.

Purchased At:   Soundtrack