Yamaha DVD-1000 DVD Players

Submitted by antelopeslr5000 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've had this player now for 7 years for $500AU and not once has it missed a beat. While the features of this DVD player maybe some what limited compared to todays standards it was a great player for the time. I am looking at purchasing a new DVD player, most likely the Yamaha DVD-S540 and I hope it will give me years of faithful service just as the DVD-1000 did.

Purchased At:   Somewhere in Malaysi

Submitted by David Vaillancourt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had this player for three years now and I am looking for a new generation player. One that has DTS and a couple more options. I could not go forward without commending my DVD-1000.

When the first generation players came out there were so many people complaining about how their player would not play this disk, or how it skipped, or would not show the menu. In three years I have never had a problem putting in a disk and watching a film or listening to music.

This player has been a companion to my RXV-692 for three years now. I bought it because it had a decoder and I love Yamaha. The built in decoder has been fantastic. I recently upgrade my receiver to a Denon 3801 and the sound that comes through the optical out is even better. Although low on bells and whistles. I am the type of person who looks past bells and whistles for quality in sound and picture. That is just what I got. Great sound and Picture for three years.

Because my Yamaha has been so good to me I may just upgrade to the next generation Yamaha. But I need to look a bit more. Who knows I may not upgrade at all.......

It's hard to beat three years of reliability. It's too bad they don't make it anymore.

Purchased At:   TrueTone