Yamaha DV-C6660 DVD Players

• Optical and Coaxial Digital Outputs
  • DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, SVCD, VCD, CD-R/RW, MP3 Playback

Submitted by Michael1971 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
This unit is the real deal. I have read other reviews that have claimed this to be an average at best unit. Let me tell you, it is NOT an average unit by any means. My system is made up of Polk RTA 12 mains, a polk RM5400 sub unit which also consists of two additional front speakers, a rear center and two rear surrounds. The front center is the Polk CSi20. I am running the Yamaha HTR 5640 6.1 amp along with an RCA 60" big screen. I was limited to using a Sony five disc cd player and a Phillips DVD player with this system. The sound through the Yamaha and Polks were excellent even then, but when I received this DV C6660, the entire system practically came to life. Even without running the coaxial and optical outputs, the sound from this player is immense. The video is even better. Crystal clear! I had no idea what I was in for when I scored that great deal off of Ebay. As a matter of fact, after reading these other reviews, I was a bit skeptical. Let me tell you, though, the sound and visual quality from the Yamaha DV C6660 is stunning.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by ARobH2O a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2004

Bottom Line:
Agree with previos reviewer. This is an average product at best. I own the silver model. My audio is hooked up using optical inputs, and video using S-video as my TV doesn't allow for component vidoe connection. Sounds just as good as my old Sony DVP-S360. Takes forever to skip between tracks, and switching disks is very slow as well. Video processing is just bad compared to most entry level Sony products.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by hooked on sonics a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
It's an average unit. Takes a bit to change discs. Zoom feature is fairly nice though. Think my Pioneer plays DVD's better.

Purchased At:   A Retailer