Toshiba SD-9000 DVD Players

4.67/5 (36 Reviews) MSRP : $1299.00

Top of the Line DVD Player

Submitted by gilbert a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
Have had this unit for about 8 months. I've owned 3 DVD players(all Toshiba's) since '97 when DVD hit the market, SD3006, SD2108, and now the SD9000. Provides incredible clarity and very dimensional picture. The chasis is heavy to help reduce unwanted jitter and vibration. I used Video Essentials for calibration and "yes" it does pass the "pluge" test. I am mating it with a Pioneer Elite Pro-200 reference monitor and it's really hard to imagine a better display. This player is truly a reference model. In addition to incredible video, it also provides reference audio. For my purpose(using it as a reference DVD player) I will give it 5 stars. Highly recommended.

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am an avid fan of this web site and can't believe all the horror stories about DVD's that have problems reading disks or take long periods of time before a picture appears on the screen. I'm not going to bore you with all the technical advances this machine has over other products just tell you straight out. The Toshiba 9000 is a great player. I compared it with many overpriced units and still found myself favoring the Toshiba. If you get a chance to demo this unit , get out the remote and test all the cool features it allows you to perform. The unit I bought was an open box returned after Christmas. I assume the spouse found other ways to spend a grand

Great machine Fantastic value.

Purchased At:   PC Richards

Submitted by Sharron Davies a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
May I congratulate Toshiba on an excellent product.

I love music and video, but am not a rocket scientist when it comes to setting things up, but this was so simple to set-up and use.

Picture and sound are second to none and I am now very glad I chose to spend that little extra.

Well done Toshiba and thanks for giving me the home cinema I wanted.

Sharron
Surrey - England

Purchased At:   UK

Submitted by Matthew Goff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
This unit is awesome!!!! I paid less that $400 through ubid.com and am 100% satisfied. This DVD player rocks--if you can find one, buy it. I set this unit up side by side with the Sony 7000 and found no comparison. The Toshiba's video quality is superior (better blacks and better image detail--the Sony has a "softer" picture). The sound on both are very good, but I'll give the nod to the Toshiba due its "warmer" sound. The remote is a bit on the large side, but I love the dial!!! The sound on CDs isn't as good as the 7000, but I have another CD player...

My system:

Acoustic Research S112PS Sub
Acoustic Research Cabling all around

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
Just a great dvd player, by far the sharpest with great picture quality. I am using a Tara RSC-75 digital coax and a Tara Prism SV- 3 as inter-connects both work great with the 9000. They are running into a Denon AVR4800 and then on to
B&W CDM 7SE fronts, B&W CDM CSE center, B&W CDM 1SE surrounds and a Sunfire subwoofer. Right now I am using a 35" Mitsubishi until I buy a digital format set. Overall I am very happy with this setup.

CSB 1206 BLK: