Toshiba SD-2107 DVD Players

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

2nd Generation Toshiba DVD Player

Submitted by Tarheel_ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this model new in 1998. The unit is remarkable. It is both reliable and does everything well..audio and video. The technology is not outdated except in the audio department (no DTS). If your searching for an inexpensive used unit...this is it. the remote is the best i've used for any audio/video component. It now serves as a bedroom DVD player, but is always ready when called upon.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Brad a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
This Toshiba player WAS a cool player. It still plays the major movies (ie. MI2, and those types), but won't play "Very Bad Things." Fast forwarding is kind of crappy on American Beauty. I assume all of this is true mainly because the player is so old. It was wonderful for the time that I've had it though.

Purchased At:   Fred Meyer

Submitted by nate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Decent player I bought used cause I am a poor student. Has a very clear picture through the composite output through a Monster Video cable. Dealt with the matrix layer change easily and has only stuttered on Tomorrow Never Dies SE. Its an older machine that still works fine for my mid-fi budget.

My crap system weasled off ebay and classifieds:
Sony STR-DE635
Sony CDP-CE415
Toshiba SD-2107
Toshiba 27"
Monster Cable Speaker wire and interconnects

Submitted by Geoffrey Westra a

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is the first and only DVD player I have purchased. It works great. I have not had one problem with the player. Picture and sound are excellent.

Submitted by Brian a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is the one and only DVD Player that I have owned. I couldn't be happier with an electronics product than this. I have a new 32" Sony Trinitron to match this with, and the picture is crystal clear. The only complaint is no DTS output. Otherwise I have had no problems with a year of experience with this product. I'm sure there are better out there, but this is a quality product. This is a GREAT entry level DVD player.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile