Toshiba SD-2200
Description: DVD-Video Player with Dual Disc Twin Tray with Dolby Digital/DTS - 10-bit/24MHz Video DACs - 540 Lines Horizontal Resolution - 24-bit/96kHz Audio DAC - S-Video, Composite, and Parallel Video Outputs - Coaxial Digital Audio Output

Submitted by athos2 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
A two disc full featured medium cost player. This unit was put in a vacation home and played very little. It was unplugged when we were not at the home.

Purchased At:   3-D in Santee, CA

Submitted by Mark H a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
This product is a waste of your money I advise not getting it. The gears are almost all striped but otherwise it worked fine besides all the constant freezing.

Purchased At:   Sam`s Club

Submitted by erick a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
i had an older toshiba sd-2109 and was happy with that player but i needed a built in dolby digital processor for my nakamichi av-1s. very satisfied with this machine-very good picture and sound quality of this modest priced player. built in dolby digital chip certainly not as good as the high end chips found in top flight av receivers, but dd sound for movies is fairly good. light weight so you think it might be "cheap" or unreliable, but i have had no problems so far(knock wood) my old sd-2109 worked very well with no problems so i'm used to the toshiba quality. this player does everything very well. my old player is at my brother in-laws house.

Purchased At:   toshiba factory sale

Submitted by Chip Rommel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall the only reason I would buy a new dvd player is if this one just plain exploded and died.
I give it an A+ !

Purchased At:   Best Buy of course

Submitted by Ouzoswiller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well this unit has treated me great for the past year. I have not seen any of the others complaints in my unit, ie joystick hard to figure out, confusing instructions, banding on screen etc. What I do know is that this is a good unit with good sound quality and picture quality. I find the remote simple and easy to use, and as for the instruction manual, if I had a pet chimp I would have let him set it up. Everything has a logical order and the rear panel is open and uncluttered. The only one bad thing that I can say about this unit is the lack of navigation controls on the front, if I lose the remote I'm F#$%ed.

Purchased At:   A+B Sound