Sony DVP-S570D DVD Players

3.23/5 (106 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

built-in Dolby Digital decoding and a 5.1 channel output for connection to a 5.1-ready receiver.

Submitted by Brian Sparks a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is directly from SONY's on-line support. Sums up my bad feelings regarding this unit.

"The following disc formats are supported by the Sony® DVD players.

DVD Video
Video CD
Audio CD

IMPORTANT: CDR, CDRW, DVDR, and DVDRW discs cannot be played on the DVD player.

NOTE: The data portion of an enhanced audio CD is not supported."

Submitted by dan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
Just search google on "sony c:13:00" to see your fate if you purchase this player. It overheats and is underdesigned, and though at least thousands of people have issues with their Sony dvd players, Sony won't fix them. See, there's this little fuse, see, and it blows after a couple years. Sign of impending doom (where my player is now) is not being able to finish a movie without skipping and starting over.

Submitted by studranger2 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
lion must be in la la land to pay that price for a 3 yr old dvd player lololo--they saw you coming pal

Submitted by lion a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got it because it was the most expensive DVD player at the store. I thought that there has to be a reason. I later saw that this was very foolish. However, the sound quality is acceptable out of the multichannel outputs, I like playing cd's with it. The music sounds overall, detailed and pleasant. I read a few reviews that said it sold only because of looks. I don't know, even if it has a few flaws, I am still thoroughly satisfied with this DVD player. I saw it hidden under a shelf mounted on a "bracket." It hooked up to a Panasonic plasma tv. This was under one of the Lifestyle Bose system demos. They were using the DVP-S570D instead of using the Bose system itself. Maybe the Bose demo was broken. Or maybe they just liked the DVP-S570D.

Purchased At:   The Wiz

Submitted by Michael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Nice looking unit, about 8 months after purchase I started to get skipping and freezing, then c:13:00 errors, no disc errors.
Initially I was returning the DVD's because I thought they were faulty. I now know its the player, but not in time before the warranty expired. I tried laser alignment and running with the cover off - no good. I've become quite expert at polishing the DVD's to a high gloss. I'm ready to junk it and call it a loss. What a waste of good green.

Purchased At:   2001 Audio Video