Sony DVP-S360
Description: plays DVD-Video discs and CDs SmoothScan search SmoothSlow forward/reverse optical and coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM DVD/CD Text Custom Parental Control (50-disc) Digital Cinema Sound modes Virtual Enhanced Surround

Submitted by Chris a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! CLASS ACTION NOTICE!!!! EVEN if you DON'T still own this product!!!!!
This is a link to a settlement that Sony was forced into on this and many other models!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Teresa a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
Well, I spoke with SONY yesterday to inquire about where I could take my DVP-S360 for repair/replacement because after trying numerous troubleshooting options, I was unable to reverse the "NO DISC" error message when there was a disc in the player's tray. I do plan to post a complaint at the class action suit site because the only thing SONY would do for me was send me a refurbished replacement unit for $147 and change. They were quick to point out that if I used a UPS authorized shipper, they would give me a "discount" on the cost to ship the unit to them. "They have an agreement!" Boy, it seems as if SONY isn't the only entity that is making money on their less than quality electronic devices. I won't buy another and sure won't be sending their unit back to them to further support their ability to provide a "refurbished replacement" to another consumer. Thanks to all for their posts to this site.

Purchased At:   Don't remember

Submitted by John-Kenneth a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
Wow!The Sony dvp S360 Is better than my 8track, and beta machine. When the darn things works wrong it can not eat a tape, and the way the Sony DVP S360 works I would have a lot of broken tapes by now. After seeing this web-site maybe we all should meet behind an old stereo store and start a support group. I use the "DVD" player as a over priced Cd player now. There are so many troubles with this crappy DVD player and with all the trouble showing itself - WHEN - When the waranty is Done Dead and gone. Did Sony plan that trick on us? Or are we all making it up? Who if anyone will tell a friend that Sony is good, or even worth buying? The Sony DVP S360 AND OH YAH THE Sony str d615 also save your time and money. If you want to buy Sony Go to a garge sale buy used. and thats for whole Sony line.

Purchased At:   Circuity City

Submitted by rmgnmsu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
Just wanted to add another crapped out DVP S350 to the widespread C 13:00 error message and loss of functionality. It worked well for four years. It always took longer than I thought was necessary to transfer to a second layer but otherwise no problems or so I thought. It would often skip when brand new discs were being played. I have probably returned two or three discs believing they were the problem. I bought this before I really got in to HT and did not research options very well. I have used this site a ton and figured I better add something for others to use.

Purchased At:   Target

Submitted by JT a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
Spent about 6 months out of the year when i first had this and it started going to c13. Very intermittent at first with long gaps between errors. By the time the c13 became a regular issue, i called and told Sony the problem - the warranty was up. I buy quite a bit of audio/video/tech stuff. I had a problem with Jensen screwing me over when i was in my teens, and now i am in my forties and still have not bought a thing from them since. Any guess how much i will buy from Sony in the future? Boycott the crap out of them, and let me know if there is a class action suit of any kind.

Purchased At:   Circuit City