Sony DVP-K880D

Submitted by Kevin Robinson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am very pleased with this unit. I wanted both a high end karaoke and DVD player without having to buy two units.
Recently with the aid of a Sony Media Converter I can now burn VHS video on my Imac and create VCD's that I can watch on my K880 unlike other DVD players here in the U.S.A. ( I got mine in Hong Kong and use an 110v converter ).

Submitted by aziz ferit eraslan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
just perfect.. it never makes u worry about how it works...

Purchased At:   istanbul

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit a month ago. This is my first DVD player. IMHO, the video and sound is great. Especially on Eagles Hell Freezes Over on DTS. It has DTS output and Dolby Decoder with full Karaoke support. I have play about 10 titles and am glad so far no lip sync problem. Visit www.sony.com.hk for information on this unit. My unit is region free. I been playing region 1 and 3 DVD, no problem. I recorded some audio on CDRW and CDR and there is no problem whatsoever. With VCD, the DNR becomes very useful with 3 different setting. It has S-video output. For karaoke, it has two mic input at the back panel to allow wireless mic set-up.
This unit use the new optical pickup from Sony, not the dual discreet one like the other models. So far, I am happy with the unit and expecting to enjoy more. I don't think this unit is available yet or going to be available in US or UK. I am using a Sony DB925QS Receiver. The on screen menu is great. This unit comes with 2 remote controller. One for the Karaoke, and the other for movies. There is alot of function but the button is a bit different to press.

Overall, I think this unit is great and I am happy with it.