Samsung DVD-M301 DVD Players

3.86/5 (37 Reviews)

· Component Video Output Terminals (Y Pb, Pr) · Convenient Front Panel Jog/Shuttle Dial · CD-R Compatible Dual Laser Diode Pickup System · MP3 CD-R Compatible Decoder System · Dolby Digital ® /DTS ® Optical and Coaxial Digital Audio Outputs · Advanced 10-Bit Video DAC · High Speed High Linearity 96kHz/24 Bit Audio Converters · Universal Joystick Remote Control

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
Not a great player. Lots of features, but none of them really performs well. Anyway, that's what you can expect for the price (and the brand). Upgarded to harman kardon recently. No regrets.

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by sgtdrake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had nothing but trouble with the m301 and the poor service. Samsung does NOT list a phone number any where on there web site contact # This player always has had trouble with DTS. when ever I want to watch a movie in dts I have to use my other dvd player a sony. I am waiting on samsung to respond to my request via email. since I have not found any other way to get help.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by soundavarice a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Pretty Good Picture and decent DVD sound on 5:1 soundtracks. CD sound is OK - nothing to write home about (saving up for a nice CD player is a must if you want anything beyond entry level quality).

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Michael a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
A refreshing purchase.

I believe that the Samsung DVD-M301 is a great DVD player for its price. It has virtual surround sound for stereo tvs, 2x and 4x zoom a zoom-to-fit function (really a novelty...too noticeable a distortion to make it watchable), etc.

The overall quality of the picture/sound are good, but as I feel limited in my DVD experience I cannot speak to their relative quality among other DVD players. I have noticed occasional pixelation problems, though they don't recurr at the same spot (minor consolation) and the sound volume is low...my tv volume has to be set kinda high for sound the way I like it.

Customer service at Samsung is great, IMHO. I have never not gotten hold of a customer service rep and they seem relatively intelligent and helpful.

I personally like the control. maybe it harkens back to my old Atari days...I don't know...but I think that the joystick is a great way to manuever around onscreen displays. I must admit that the layout of the buttons on the remote makes little sense to me...I still can't remember where things are sometimes b/c they're not very intuitive. The remote feels rather solid and seems built to last.

Overall, I would recommend this to another first-timer venturing into DVD. It has handled everything I could throw at it so far w/ only a few very minor glitches and no skipping. I've read that it's also very reliable...here's hoping.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by jay smith a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
FIRST DVD.I DON'T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT DVD PLAYERS. BUT I LOVE THIS ONE. GREAT PICTURE. AND I DON'T HAVE A NICE TV..25"SAYNO..I KNOW THAT THERE ARE BETTER ONE BUT IF YOU ARE A FIRST TIME BUYER ITS A GOOD ONE..

Purchased At:   BEST BUY