Samsung DVD 907 DVD Players

3.19/5 (21 Reviews)

Submitted by Hitarth Shah a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
At first the player was like, it was the best thing on earth. ( as per my earlier note on 2/19/1999).
now, it wont play : even slightly scratched discs ( either DVD or VCD, CD-R/RW,.... lots of problems.... SAMSUNG ... HELP !!!!

Purchased At:   V.V.& Sons, Dubai, UAE

Submitted by Samir Shah a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have the same problems as the others with this terrible player...we need to sue the company!

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Chris a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
Very excited about this machine when I first got it, but right from the start it had playback problems with many DVDs.

After tolerating it for about 18 months, I sent it out to get checked . . . Apparently Samsung was aware of a problem with it's laser pickups and RAM ICs and that there was a upgrade available. . . WHO KNEW???? Why didn't they notify their customers?

Anyway, after near TEN WEEKS, and the machine still unable to be repaired, I got frustrated and called the manufacturer. They offered to replace the 907 with a DVD-812 . . "Our latest high-end model". I said OK . . "great and thank you very much for at least taking some responsibility for you mistake . . ."

So now I had a DVD-812! and Guess what. . . . Brand New out of the box . . . . and I expereinced the same problems with nearly everyone of my DVDs!!!! Including new discs that were just purchased and played for the first time!

That DVD-812 is now in the shop and waiting for a new Laser pick-up! I've had it just about 4 weeks now!

If it ever comes back in working condition it's probably going to end up on eBay or sold in my local newspaper so I can buy a REAL DVD player!

I'll never recommend SAMSUNG to any one I know . . .
and I work in the Television Commercial and advertising industry!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
All was well with my player except with rentals. Any minor defect causes problems. Then The Matrix came out. Major freeze up. Then several other disks with lots of extras didn't play. I took it back to Best Buy but they had no clue. I lived with it until I called Samsung. They said they would replace the drive and the chip that was causing the problem for free. My player was in the shop for two months. I celebrated by buying Gladiator when I got it back. Oops! It froze up and skipped several times. Save yourself. Avoid Samsung and Best Buy at all costs! You have been warned.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Ari Vasaenen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
Hi there.
I bought this DVD because i got it cheap directly from the
distributer in sweden.
I was looking for an multiregion DVD player wich would not need any hardware modification. I found the 907,
i found the codes on the internet and "Voila" the player was a Region 0.(originaly Region 2 only.) I thought that this was realy Coool. The first half year the player worked just fine exept for playing CD-R records.
But as time went i started to discover some problems.
For example the player is extreamly sensitive to the enviroment temerature? Two films in a row on the tops
otherwise you start to get pixel errors.
The newer dvd titels are also problematic sometimes
And the audio Soundquality seems to get worsend.

Exept for these resent problems i have been sattisfied with this player after all the prise was wery good.

PS My new DVD will be a Toshiba SD-9100 for the niceprice