Samsung DVD 807 DVD Players

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Budget DVD fantastic value

Submitted by Douglas Nicol a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this player when it was in Woolworths in the UK. There was a £50 off coupon in a newspaper, and to sweeten the deal, Woolworths were also giving three DVD's with the player. These were the Shawshank Redemption, Brassed Off, and Riverdance.
The player is easy to use, and recently I have come upon a multi-region hack using only the remote. This is good for me, because I wouldn't be overly happy with someone prodding around the insides of my player installing some type of 'chip'. Also many of the films in the USA aren't being released over here, or if they are, they have more features.

Purchased At:   Woolworths

Submitted by Gary a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
You are completely wrong about this model its the worest picture and sound of any of my dvd players DO NO BUY THIS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Submitted by Dave a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
I got this after reading a review in Home Cinema Choice Magazine, my main reasonfor choosing it was that simply by typing a number into the remote it plays all disks from all regions (in the UK this is vital).
Picture through my 25" trinitron is fantastic, sound crisp clear through Sherwood 925 ( nb this player has only one digital out, the coaxil).
This player is as good as any twice the price, I even got the shawshank redemption free with the player!

PANAMAX: