ROTEL RDV-1060 DVD Players

4.25/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $899.00

DVD-A, DVD-V, CD, CD-R/RW, CD-V, MP3, composite/S-Video/component outputs, coax and toslink digital outputs, 6 RCA analog outputs for DVD-A, RS232 connector, 12V trigger input, external remote input, removeable IEC power cord, remote control

Submitted by Ricardo Flot a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2012

Bottom Line:
I just purchased this DVD two days ago and I got it for a song! Needless to say I'm THRILLED with it's performance. My sole intention was to use it as a CD player, reason being is that the audio section of DVD players is more demanding because of movies, therefore DVD's are better performers as CD players than stand alone units. Keep in mind, it's very important to use high quality interconnects and it took trying two pairs before I was satisfied. My test disc was a copy I recorded from an album 5 years ago. Paul McCandless "Hearsay" revealed things I didn't know was even there. Bass tight, clean and defined, midrange clear, uncluttered and precise and the top end notes seem to hang in mid air without tiring whatsoever!

I've read many reviews, some weren't thrilled with it's sound, some found it very pleasing and that's my opinion. I'm not too particular when it comes to remotes and I can live with it not being lighted. This unit plays them all: pre-recorded cd's, cd-r's, cd-rw's and computer recorded ones as well. some of my standard CD players have trouble with cd-rw's and I've come to expect that, not the case with this unit! Using it as a DVD player isn't high on my list right now and whatever shortcomings it has in that department I can live with.

Yes, there are better units out there and some folks are much more finicky than I am. For $75 USD, I'm not complaining at all! It's indeed a handsome unit that can fit in practically anyones setup and if you've got your eye on one of these and you're thinking of making a purchase, you won't be disappointed. Move on it doggone it!

Submitted by j,marchan/phils. a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2012

Bottom Line:
this audio/video gear is fantastic!it has a clean soundstage.best in movies as well as music.you dont need to buy another gear for cd music because rdv-1060 has it all!the style and built looks awsome!i never wrong to owned one in my set up with rotel 1098 processor and rmb 1095.superior!!!

Submitted by DBH a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
The Rotel 1060 for the price is one of the best DVD-A & DVD-V units I have ever heard. Not only does it have fantastic video capabilities, the audio sound on just regular CD's is very detailed. Solid bass, & smooth mids & high's, I would recommend this unit highly to anyone that has a very good ear for sound quality & video quality. The DVD-A sound is stunning, the sound stage is incredible. The seperation of insturments will have you lisening to your DVD-A over & over again. The sound stage on just regular CD's or CD-R's is also well worth the purchase. Its only draw back is that the 24bit/192 DAC does not decode HDCD's or SACD's.

Purchased At:   Home Theater Store

Submitted by grovenstein a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
I upgraded from a Denon DVD player and this is one of my best purchases despite my skepticism on spending this much on a DVD player. A blind comparison took 3 notes to determine the difference. The detail of audio was much more precise. There are parts of some songs that I never knew existed.

The video quality is also superior when hooked up to a Sony HD TV.

Purchased At:   Home Theater Store