RCA RC6000P DVD Players

4.86/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $499.00

· Progressive Scan Digital Video Disc Player · Progressive Scan Digital Video Output · Component Video Output · Plays Movies from CD-Size Discs · Amazing Picture Quality* · Distortion-Free Special Effects · 4:3, 4:3-Letterbox* and 16:9* Capability (with compatible discs) · Built-In Dolby Digital™ Decoding

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought 2 of these on clearance because they had everything including good diamensions.... I paid $30 more for quality... I watch about 2-3 movies a week and i love it... I will hate if it ever dies.....

Purchased At:   Wal_Mart

Submitted by mario johnson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
i first seen the rc6000p in action at a local store, and it looked very nice. so i decided to look at the back of the player at the ins and outs, b/c i was looking for a player with built in digital decoding. and it had everything i was looking for and more but i was concerned about the brand name and the durability of the unit. but i purchased it anyway thanks to a large discount (i only paid $212.00 for it brand new. i got it home and hooked it up to my system and it has performed like a true champ thanks RCA. i would recommend anyone to go out and purchase this unit .

Purchased At:   cowboy maloney elect

Submitted by EARL SIMPSON a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought 3 of these on sale(all at different prices). I returned one as a defective unit and kept the other two. What a great picture. This is a quality unit, and if there are any left go get one.
Play mine night and day and hate regular TV. I have a full time progressive scan RPTV and hooked up the RCA from prog. scan output on the RCA to my prog scan input on my RPTV. The big screen looks better than a small tube tv in DVD Prog. scan mode.
RCA and JVC makes some great products for the price.

Purchased At:   WAL MART

Submitted by T Burris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
The product has done a great job on my system so far. I was lucky enough to pick this unit up for free, with the purchase of the HD RCA TV I purchased, so you can't beat the price, but as far as the functionality goes, I've been very impressed with the Progressive output. The image quality output on movies such as T2 & Gladiator are quite impressive.

Paying MSRP for this unit would still be a bargin, especially if you have a system to support the audio and video output capabilities.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Brian Swanson a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2001

Bottom Line:

I read a lot of good reviews on the rc6000p and decided that I had to have one. I didnt want to take a chance on paying 250.00-279.00 for a factory refurb,so i settled for 388.00+20.00 shipping,a very good price.

I just recieved this player yesterday and have been on a non stop home theater binge ever since. I felt I had to write this review because i'm that pleased with this players performance.

1st off this player rocks,the picture and sound are superb. I have never thought dvds could look so good. The colors are rich and vibrant,I guess thats progressive scan technology for you. Multiple viewing options,16x9,4x3LB, 4x3SD to take advantage of any shape tv screen that you may have.

The sound is clean and the surround sound is very,very aggresive,in all formats,DD,DTS,DS. 24-bit D/A converters make this happen. The rc6000p is simply a great value.

Final note; unit is a new august 2001 model,for some reason this website only lets you choose 2000 as the highest year.

It is good to see some companies still know the value of a jog shuttle. The forward and reverse special effects are completly distortion free.

CSB 1206 BLK: